XII

15th november 11.30

yesterday after getting back to the hotel you spent your day in bed, simply resting. when evening came, scaramouche ended up cooking dinner which surprisingly was better than what the hotel offered.

you didn't understand why he was willing to help you so much but you didn't mull over it too much. instead, you decided to try doing your best in helping him in the future if ever such an opportunity arose.

currently, you are on a bus with your classmates to the local rainforest again, since there is yet another activity planned there. this time students could choose whether they want to go explore the forest with a guide or participate in inside activities that included mushrooms.

knowing that you would die of boredom if you didn't come along, you insisted on going too despite having to rest. reluctantly your teacher agreed to let you come but with the exception that you would participate in the mushroom activities.

you were planning on going to the indoor activity anyway, so your teacher's rule wasn't bothering you whatsoever.

once you finally arrived, everyone gathered up in front of the wooden archway. "people who want to go explore the rainforest with a guide, please go with kamran" your teacher spoke, "and those who want to go participate in the inside activity, please go with tighnari" she pointed to two men standing beside her and keqing.

you naturally went with tighnari since you promised that you would participate only in inside activities that didn't involve a lot of walking. ganyu also went with tighnari, and xiangling went with kamran since she was more interested in having a proper walk in the forest. and as for scaramouche, he went together with you since jean did ask him to take care of you.

after following tighnari to some building, everyone formed into a few groups and sat at their respective tables. you ended up in a group with scaramouche, ganyu, and your teacher - jean.

keqing went into the forest while jean was more interested in these mushroom activities, and what happened what didn't, she ended up in your group.

scaramouche was automatically in your group because he had to be, and ganyu, well ganyu was the closest to you of all the people she knew in this room so she chose to join your group.

there was one more free spot at your table but all the people had already formed into groups so no one else would be joining.

"before we begin, i have a single question, what are mushrooms?" tighnari asked.

there was silence before some people attempted to respond.

"yes, all of those responses are scientifically correct. however, none of them are quite what i wanted to hear. anyways, now i will introduce you to a couple of mushrooms. after that you will have a simple task," tighnari explained.

and so a lesson about poisonous mushrooms began. the first half an hour was spent by your lecturer going on about poisonous mushrooms, then another half an hour was spent doing a task in which you had to identify mushrooms.

then an hour was spent talking about how the environment affects mushrooms and fungi in general, and after your long discussion you 'pretended' to be mycologists by putting your learned knowledge to use.

after that, there was a sort of break, during which you managed to find out that your activity guide is a mycologist himself that studied botany in the akademiya.

despite the akademiya being the main governing body of sumeru, it is also an institution that is arguably the best in teyvat - and because of that, it had specific requirements which had to be met to graduate. meeting those requirements is quite a hassle, so a lot of people have given up on graduating from the akademiya while studying for it.