Chapter 10: Patriot

Elijah was really shocked when he heard that Iron Lad came from the future. The rest of his story was even more unbelievable. He barely had time to recover when he heard the alarms meaning that it was time for them to escape.
"Initiating lockdown. Initiating lockdown"
"I guess this is it" Elijah said
"Yes, it's time to break out" Iron Lad confirmed.
"What do we need to destroy then?"
"On the ceiling there are four little holes. Inside of them, you can access red, green and yellow wires."
"Cut the red wires; it's always the red ones" Teddy said.
"Not in this case. You will need to cut the green wire of one of these. That will shut them all down, as they are linked."
"Ok will do. Hulkling, could you give me a lift?"
"Sure thing" He held out his hands and Elijah was able to climb on them. That allowed him to gain access to one of the tiny devices. He grabbed a small globe and opened it. He searched for his knife in his pocket, found it and then cut the green wire with it. "All done."
He got back onto the floor and waited for Iron Lad's instructions.
"Perfect. Hulkling, once Asgardian and I have weakened the glass with our powers, you will be able to destroy it completely. Asgardian, we're up"
"Ok, I'm ready." Billy said nervously.
Iron Lad oriented his hands towards the glass and Billy did the same. A mix of blue lightnings and purple energy was produced. After a few seconds, they stopped and Elijah inspected the glass. It was fractured.
"Hulkling, it's your turn"
Teddy transformed into a green beast and punched the glass. Elijah held up his shield and protected Billy from the glass debris. A hole in the glass was now opened and the team went through it. Elijah was amazed to see how well the facility was protected, as it took them a lot of effort and Iron Lad's intelligence to break out of their prison.
"So, where should we go?" Billy asked
"This way, I..." Iron Lad stopped as he heard an explosion. All of the lights stopped working.
"What's happening?" Billy asked.
"I don't know but that's not normal. We need to get out of here as soon as possible. Asgardian, Hulkling: go that way and look for an exit." Iron Lad pointed to the right of the cell. "Patriot and I will go left to do the same. Call us at any sign of danger, don't forget we installed communication devices in the suits."
The both of them left in the direction that Iron Lad had shown.
"What do you think caused that explosion?" Elijah asked.
"I don't know but I don't really want to find out. We should exit this building as soon as we can. Let's go!"
Elijah followed his leader down the corridor. They ran for a few minutes until he heard a sound and stopped instinctively. Iron Lad continued running but he turned and saw that Elijah was far behind him.
"Why did you stop?" He asked.
"Shhh! I heard a sound" Elijah whispered.
Both of them stopped talking as they heard the sound of a flying object heading their way. Iron Lad looked in that direction and so did Elijah. A sort of robot had emerged from the shadows in a red halo. He was standing on a flying platform, that looked like a hoverboard.
"Who are you?" Iron Lad asked.
No answer.
"What do you want from us?" He continued asking yet the individual still did not answer.
"Fine, you don't want to answer, that's okay. But we're heading out".
Iron Lad said carefully. He then turned towards Patriot and mouthed "Let's go". Patriot looked at the stranger and saw that he had raised his arms.
"On the ground" Patriot shouted.
He was able to duck the beam of red energy that the stranger had shot, but his head fell on the ground.
He was still conscious but his vision was impaired. He could see two blurry figures, one of whom was strangling the second one.
He heard someone say: "You don't belong here."
"Why? Who are you?" Iron Lad asked.
"The council sent..."
Patriot passed out. 

Elijah was laying down on the ground. He was in a field of lavender. He could smell the flowers and the sun was shining. He felt a brisk of wind on his face and heard the sound of birds in the distance.
**********************************************
Elijah was in the ring, preparing himself for the match ahead. He saw his opponent: a big mountain of muscles but he was not afraid. He trusted his own strength. The match began and Elijah avoided the first blow and counterpunched his opponent's stomach. That seemed to work as he put his hands where he had been hit. Elijah prepared to give another blow but was blocked and then thrown back onto the ground. "Victory for Big Mountain of Muscles!".
**********************************************
Patriot jumped from one roof to another. He was being chased by something unknown. He continued running but stopped at the other edge. He noticed the space between the two roofs was too important, so he turned around and saw his opponent: a big grey monster. Patriot acted quickly: he threw his shield at the monster's head which stunned him. He then ran towards him and kicked him off the roof with his foot. He jumped and landed on the ground to check the state of his opponent. The monster was lying flat on the ground. Patriot thought he had won, yet he got up from the ground while grunting. Suddenly, something hit him. Patriot turned around and saw... CAPTAIN AMERICA. He could not believe it, Steve Rogers, his personal hero was actually here.
"Great teamwork!" Patriot said with a smile.
"What? Who are you?" Cap replied
"I'm a new hero!"
"Are you kidding me? Get out of here before you get hurt kiddo and let the professionals handle it"
"But... I can help."
"How? You look nothing like a hero and you'll never be one."
**********************************************
He was standing naked in a lab. He saw doctors around him. One of them moved towards him with something sharp in his hands, that he jammed into Elijah's arm. Blood started coming out of his body and was then put into tiny tubes. "Send this for analysis, we need to know why it worked with him and not the others."
"What did you say? How are the others? Are they dead?"
No one answered him.
"Please tell me! Did they die? PLEASE!" Elijah cried out.
Yet every one ignored him.
"Why didn't I die?" he whispered for himself.

Elijah woke up panting.
"Calm down! Calm down! You just had a bad dream" Teddy said.
"Where am I?" Elijah asked
"I don't really know. Some sort of old building" Billy answered
Patriot looked around him. He was laying in a bed, Billy was to his right, Iron Lad and Teddy were on his left. He also noticed three girls in the background including the one that had messed up their first operation.
"Ok. What happened? Did I pass out?"
"Yeah buddy. And you've been sleeping for 5 hours. We were worried."
"How did we get out? And what are they doing here?" Patriot asked pointing in the direction of the three girls.
"We kind of saved all of your asses, so a thank you would be nice."
"Ok, sure" Patriot replied sarcastically. "So, could you please tell me what happened after I passed out" he then asked.