Chapter 14 : Asguardian

Billy truly had slept like a baby. However, as he got up, he noticed his back hurt a little bit. Those beds were definitely not comfortable.
He recognized the warehouse around him. It was divided into four parts: a tech part with computers, an armory, an improvised kitchen and a bedroom with four beds. Teddy had set up panels to act as walls.
Billy went towards the kitchen. Teddy was already in there having a chat with Elijah about sports.
Elijah had a coffee in his hand whereas Teddy was eating a bowl of cereals.
"...have to admit that they were phenomenal last season" Elijah was saying.
"Well, not really. I kind of think that they sucked. Oh, Billy you're awake!" Teddy noticed.
"Yup! What are you talking about?" he asked.
"Basketball. Do you like it?" Teddy inquired.
"Not really, I'm sorry."
"Don't be sorry. What do you like then?"
"I don't know. I enjoy painting, I guess."
"Really? You have to show me your work someday."
"Ok, sure! I'm not really talented though."
"Don't sell yourself short. I'm sure it's beautiful." Teddy said with a tone that made Billy smile.
"Thanks. So, where's Iron Lad?"
"You can call me Nate, you know" Iron Lad said as he entered the room. "So, how did everyone sleep?"
"Great, I really needed it." Billy answered.
"Elijah, I noticed that you were gone for a few hours. Where did you even go?"
"Well, Nate, I was passed out for more than 5 hours yesterday, so I was not tired at all last night. I went to the gym instead. What about you? I heard you whispering in your corner before I left."
"Ok, I admit that I didn't sleep. I was thinking of our next move."
"What do you mean next move? That freak is way too powerful for us. We should wait for the Avengers." Teddy replied.
"Where were the Avengers last night? We can't rely on them to fix something if they're gone. We have to take matters into our own hands. That's why I created the team. We're here. So, we'll fix it."
"I mean, he is really powerful Nate. Maybe with the help of Kate, Cassie and America, we can defeat him, but I'm not even sure." Billy told them.
"WE DON'T NEED ANYONE! Not the Avengers, nor these stupid girls. We can take him down." Iron Lad shouted
"No, we can't! And we'll be useless if we die." Teddy said.
"I'm the leader of this team, and you WILL obey me! Am I clear?"
"Calm down for Christ's sake. At least tell us what your plan is so we know whether we have a chance of winning" Elijah reasoned.
"Fine, if that's what it takes to convince you. First, ..."

"It's madness, but it might work." Teddy admitted after being told the plan.
"We have to set it into motion as fast as we can. Before that freak finds us. It would be better at night, because ouf message can be more easily transmitted" Iron Lad advised.
"So tonight?" Billy asked.
"Yes, I think it's our best option" Iron Lad responded. "Right now, it's 9:06. Let's meet again in 8 hours guys. I'll go and make sure we have everything we need. You can do what you want until then." He headed towards the tech part of the warehouse.
"Ok, bye." Elijah got up and left instantly.
"Wow, it looks like he's in a good mood" Teddy pointed out.
"I wouldn't want to angry him in any way. He kind of scares me" Billy admitted.
Teddy looked at him with a smile and started laughing.
"What are you doing? Did I say something funny?" Billy asked.
"No, not at all!"
"Why are you laughing then? Are you making fun of me?"
"No, I promise you I'm not. Just the way you said that you were scared of Elijah.
"What about it?"
"I found it cute, that's all."
Billy blushed. Did he hear what Teddy had said right?
"Do you want to... I don't know, like do... something... together?" Billy babbled nervously.
"Oh, sure. What do you want to do?"
"Whatever you want."
"I truly have no idea."
"Neither do I."
They looked at each over and exploded in laughter.
"Ok, do you want to go for some Ice Cream" Teddy suggested once they had stopped laughing.
"I love Ice Cream!"
"Me too!" Teddy yelled.

They spent the whole day together. First, they went for Ice Cream just like they said they would. They had to go to the supermarket as it was only 10 am. Teddy wanted some Mint chocolate chip whereas Billy requested some strawberry. The cashier looked weirdly at them as he scanned their articles.
They went to a nearby park and sat on a bench. They had brought some spoons with them so they started eating their delicious ice cream. Billy had to admit that Teddy's flavor was pretty good.
Then, they had a walk in the streets of Manhattan. They saw some stores opening and the streets becoming more and more lively.
At noon, they ate at a McDonalds, which they were both fond of.
They went shopping in the afternoon and laughed a lot while trying on ridiculous clothes.
When it was time to go, Billy felt a light pinch to his heart. He had had one of the best days of his entire life.

"Where is Elijah?" Iron Lad asked in a tone that showed his anger and frustration. It was already 6 pm and the three of them were fully suited up.
"I swear to God, if he doesn't show up, I'm going to murder him." Iron Lad grumbled.
"Maybe we shouldn't wait for him. I think we can do the plan without him and it's already time to go." Teddy said.
"You're right. I'll murder him tomorrow."
"Maybe we should call the girls then" Billy suggested.
"No! I don't want them to be involved. Plus, they don't know the plan and it would take too long to explain. We can do this on our own."
"Okay, you decide" Billy complied.
"Let's go then. Phase one is on."