More Than Friends?

3rd POV

While Y/N tries to ease his body we go to team RWBY to see them now arriving at Beacon. They enter their dorm finally breaking the silence.

Blake: "So we just gonna ignore what happened?"

Yang: "I was waiting for you guys to say something."

Weiss: "One moment we're about to be blown up. Then next we're nowhere near the dock and the bad guys are rounded up."

Ruby: "Maybe we got a guardian angel looking after us."

Blake: "I just wish it'd make itself known."

Yang: "Maybe it's shy."

Weiss: "On another note. Did anyone else recall hearing a shout of pain?"

They all show a thinking face.

Yang: "Now that you mention it I do."

Blake: "And a bright flash. You thinking that was what caused whatever happened?"

Weiss: "It's a possibility. What do you think Ruby?"

They all look at her.

Ruby: "I don't know. But I have this feeling we'll know here before too long."

She looks down recalling something. In the brief stand still she swears she saw a pair of E/C eyes. E/C eyes that she knows she's seen before, but where? Her thoughts are interrupted by steam seeping through the door. 

Ruby: "What?"

She gets off her bed walking to the door.

Yang: "Where're you going?"

Ruby: "Cafeteria."

She leaves the dorm seeing the steam forming a trail. Following it she comes to a single dorm. She looks at the name plaque.

Ruby: "Y/N?"

She knocks on the door.

Ruby: "Y/N, are you okay?"

She doesn't receive an answer.

Ruby: "I'm coming in."

With a twist of the knob the door opens putting his room on full display. She enters looking all around.

Ruby: "Y/N?"

A groan is emitted scaring her. She turns seeing the bathroom, where lots of steam can be seen leaking from behind the door. She cautiously makes her way to the door. 

Ruby: "You in there Y/N?"

She reaches for the doorknob when the door swings open revealing Y/N in nothing but a towel.

Y/N: "Hey Ruby. There something you need?"

Ruby: "I knocked but didn't get an answer so I got worried."

Y/N: "Oh. Well sorry for worrying you."

Ruby: "It's alright. But what's with all the steam?"

His eyes slightly widen.

Y/N: "Uh... I'm... taking a shower."

Her cheeks become bright red. She turns her back to him to hide it.

Ruby: "Right. Well I won't bother you any longer. Bye Y/N."

She begins walking away when she stops.

Ruby: "By the way. Where'd you go? We kinda lost you in Vale."

He thinks of an excuse.

Y/N: "I... got a tip about a robbery. So I went to investigate."

Ruby: "Oh. Did it lead anywhere?"

Y/N: "No. Turns out it was a simple house robbery."

Out of nowhere she hugs him.

Ruby: "Thank goodness. You kinda scared me. Thought something bad happened to you."

Red hits Y/N's cheeks. 

Y/N: "Sorry."

She looks up at him with a soft gaze. This makes them slowly lean closer. But they're interrupted by the dorm door swinging open.

Yang: "Come on Ruby, it's time for bed."

They break apart.

Ruby: "Coming."

Yang walks away as Ruby joins her. But not before planting a kiss on Y/N's cheek. When she parts a bright shade of pink adorns her cheeks.

Ruby: "Try to always stay safe."

Y/N: "W-Will d-do."

She giggles walking out of his room. Y/N sighs lovingly before heading off to bed for the day.