Chapter Four: Intermission Part Two

As soon as she's back in the lab, she felt the tension. 

She opens her eyes to see Norman glaring at her and the FBI agent Moody handcuffing him. "Miss Anderson, don't panic." Moody instructs her. She nods and sneaks into the closet to change into her normal clothes, which is her tan knee-length zip-up boots, her worn-out blue jeans, her white tank-top with the built-in bra, and her green and white patterned wool cardigan. She exits the closet and the scene in front of her doesn't change. "You lied to me, Miss Anderson. Why did you lie to me?" Moody questions her. Keelin doesn't say anything; she just shakes her head. "You were trying to protect your friend, is that right?" Moody guesses. Keelin nods her head in guilt, not finding the words. "You stupid..." Norman starts off, but Moody cuts him off. "Don't you dare finish that sentence." Moody warns him. "Agent Moody, I..." Keelin finally speaks. "Miss Anderson. Why did you agree to participate in this... ludicrous experimentation?" Moody interrogates her. "Because I have this midterm paper I have to do before the 9th of November." Keelin admits. "What is this midterm paper about?" Agent Moody questions her, now getting some truth from her. "My teacher wants us to write a paper about the Medieval, Renaissance, and the Baroque periods. I admit that I already traveled to the Medieval and Renaissance eras. I just need to go to the Baroque period and I will be done." She explains to the FBI agent that could arrest her. Agent Moody looks at her with curiosity while Norman looks at her with hatred in his deep brown eyes. "Just the Baroque period and you'll be done?" Moody asks her. "Yes." Keelin confirms. "Where is this time machine, then?" Moody looks around. "Right here." Keelin holds out the necklace. Moody puts on a baffled look, "The machine is a necklace?" "What did you expect? A Doctor Who TARDIS? A DeLorean Car?" Keelin teases him. The FBI agent takes a quick breath, trying to form a different plan. "Can you get the necklace up and running again, Mr. Winters?" Agent Moody questions. "Yes. But it could take some time." Norman confesses. "How long?" Moody asks. "A day, tops." Norman tells him. "Make it ready in an hour." Moody demands, uncuffing Norman. Keelin walks over and removes the necklace. "She needs a costume. If she shows up looking like that, they'll burn her." Norman states. "Don't worry." Moody assures him. "Get me some privacy." Norman requests. "Alright. Come, Miss Anderson." Moody motions Keelin to leave the lab.

*One Hour Later*

Keelin and Agent Moody wait for Norman while sipping on coffee and sitting in silence. Moody took this time to call someone and get a Baroque-styled dress for Keelin. He asked for her size and within 30 minutes, the dress arrived and Keelin relaxed a bit. Norman finally walks out and both Keelin and Moody stand up. "Keelin, get dressed. You'll have about 30 minutes this time." Norman instructs Keelin. "That's all I need." Keelin confidently tells him. They all walk into the lab and Keelin goes into the closet once more to change. She finishes styling her hair and walks out. "Here." Norman hands her the necklace and she puts it on her. Keelin feels the necklace starting up and she closes her eyes once more. A few seconds later, she hears the streets filled with horses galloping and music playing. She opens her eyes and finds herself back in time.