― 𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter eight: bold of you to think i dream about you

──────────

"𝐈 𝐖𝐎𝐍'𝐓 𝐁𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐑𝐏𝐑𝐈𝐒𝐄𝐃 𝐈𝐅 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐒𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐀 𝐓𝐖𝐎."

Visha rolls her eyes at Blake the Demon's words, refusing to react. She squares her shoulders and stares resolutely at the grey wall of the room where she and the other Tributes were waiting to be called in. On the inside, though, she bristles. How is he still underestimating her? After her show in the training centre─ after everything. The rest of the Careers want to be allied with her. Visha. Sure, they went to Blake first, but they were beyond impressed with her skill.

Blake was just an afterthought now.

A hunk of muscle with no real value or significance. He may be the brawn, but Visha is the brains of the operation. And everyone knew it. Gideon, Hunter, Aife― there was a reason they were all rooting for her to come home. It wasn't just because Blake was an asshole. Sure, that may have been an aspect, but it was because they knew that he didn't have what it took to be a Victor― and that Visha does.

"What, ignoring me now?" A scoff from Visha's right buzzes in her ear.

"No," the dark-haired girl replies solemnly. "I merely got carried away, thinking of all the different ways I could kill you and make it hurt, so bad, you'd wish you'd never met me."

Another scoff; how repetitive. But Visha's eyes gleam with challenge and mirth as Blake retorts, "In your dreams, Devi."

"Bold of you to think I dream about you."

"Blake Damon, District Two." A mechanic voice calls out before said boy could think of a good enough reply. With a discreet glare at his district partner, Blake stands up and crosses the room, before disappearing behind sliding grey doors.

Good riddance, Visha thinks with a satisfied smile, before her thoughts encompass her once more.

Today is the day she (and the other Tributes) would be showing off their skills and what they  learnt to the Gamemakers and the sponsors. Gideon and Aife drilled into Visha and Blake's heads to impress the group. Be cocky, be brilliant, but most of all, be different. Visha has to set herself apart from all the other Tributes. She has to get sponsors. She has to win. But before she could do that, she has to wow them. What makes her so special?

What makes her the best choice for Victor? 

Visha decided quietly with Hunter that she would not only be showing off her sparring skills, but she would also be showing off her lethality. 

Visha Devi was deadly and dangerous― but no one apart from Hunter knew that yet. 

But she was going to make it known. 

She is going to get a score so stunning, no one― not even Blake― would underestimate her. 

That thought in mind, Visha cracks her knuckles and her neck. The girl in the row behind her― from District Three― squeaks, terrified. Visha bites down on her bottom lip, hard, to keep from laughing. This is going to be too easy. Once the Careers were done and dealt with, all the other Tributes would fall like dominos. And Visha would be the Queen who remained standing at the end of it all.