― 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter twenty-three: the Games never end

──────────

𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐂𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐄𝐒, 𝐏𝐔𝐋𝐋𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐓𝐑𝐀𝐏𝐋𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐂𝐎𝐑𝐒𝐄𝐓 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐃𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐔𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐓𝐈𝐀 𝐅𝐔𝐒𝐒𝐄𝐒 𝐎𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐇𝐄𝐑. She doesn't want to say it outright, but she absolutely abhors this outfit. It's a nude, strapless corset with a sweetheart neckline that exposes her cleavage far too much for Visha's liking, with lace designs in maroon. The skirt of the dress is a little better― flowy and tulle maroon, but very, very short; it only comes down to her mid-thighs. 

This is why Visha is left to struggle between pulling up the corset and pulling down the skirt of her dress, while Lucretia and Summer chide her to leave her outfit alone. 

Merlyn is putting finishing touches on the intricate half-up half-down hairstyle Visha is sporting, pinning maroon and silver flowers into her long, black hair. Summer adds small, silver rhinestones onto Visha's blood-themed nails. Lucretia finishes Visha's makup; kohl lined eyes, a swipe of maroon eyeshadow under the eyes, long and dramatic lashes, glitter on her cheekbones and the bridge of her nose, bronzer and contour but no blush, and a pouty deep red lipstick. 

"I look innocent and sexy all at once," Visha grumbles as she stares at herself in the mirror. 

"That's exactly the look we're going for," Lucretia informs as she taps setting powder all over her face. 

Visha grimaces, "Amazing." 

Lucretia pronounces her as "Done!" after booping her nose lightly with the powder brush. Visha smiles softly, before standing up from the vanity. She slips her feet into the gorgeous, knee-high and chunky-heeled maroon leather boots that had been provided for her. 

Summer clutches Visha's hands, squeezing comfortingly. "You are so ready for this," she reassures with a watery smile. 

VIsha's own smile tightens. "I don't feel ready," she admits, wrapping her arms around herself. Her breasts become more pronounced, and Visha sighs and pulls her top up, before dropping her arms. 

Lucretia nods in understanding. "I know, honey," she whispers, pulling the new Victor into her arms. Visha sinks into the hug― a surprising move. Lucretia gently kisses the top of her head. "You've been through so much, love. It's just one more night," she promises. "And it's going to be all about you. Don't let anyone bring you down." 

Visha nods slowly, pulling away from the embrace. As she straightens her posture and lifts her chin, her heart begins to beat more steadily. More confidently. I can do this, Visha promises herself. 

"You go, girl!" Merlyn shouts in encouragement as Visha walks out the door and prepares to meet Caesar for her Victory Interview.