― 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter thirty: it's about time i begin my victory tour

──────────

— 𝐀𝐋𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐔𝐆𝐇 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐊𝐍𝐎𝐖𝐒 𝐖𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐋𝐎𝐎𝐌𝐒 𝐀𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐇𝐄𝐑, 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐂𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐁𝐔𝐓 𝐒𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐄 𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐋𝐊𝐒 𝐀𝐋𝐎𝐍𝐆𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐖𝐎 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐒. Clove chatters away about something, Cato jumping in and adding extra emphasis intermittently. Laughing, Visha fixes her the strap of her shoulder-bag, which had slipped off her shoulders, and unlocks the door to her house. 

She hears them before she sees them. 

Slow, heeled footsteps against the cool tiles of her hallways. Visha spreads her arms out, blocking Cato and Clove. A peacekeeper rounds the corner, grey beard contorting with a rough smile. "Ah, Ms. Devi. Home at last." 

"Welcome to District Two," Visha says with a tight smile, then turns to face Cato and Clove. "I think movie night may be cancelled, you two. Head home, okay?" 

Clove nods slowly, a frown on her face. 

Cato's expression is more impassive, but he joins Clove in hugging Visha nonetheless. 

Visha watches as the two nine year-olds disappear down the pathway, and then turns back to the peacekeeper. "May I ask what brings you here?" 

"The President would like to see you." 

"Right," she replies, catching her bottom lip between her lips. "Um, when?" 

"He's in the... what did he call it? The White Room." 

Confusion flickers between Visha's eyes as her brows furrow. There is only one room that can be described like that, and the idea of the President being in that room did not bode well for her. Heart thumping in her chest, Visha slowly makes her way down the hallway and pushes open the door to her painting room. 

She is greeted by the sight of a white-haired man in a suit standing in the centre of the room, with his back to her. 

Her breath hitches. She sucks in a deep breath, feeling the blood rushing to her head. "President Snow?" 

The man turns around, revealing snakelike eyes and a grin like a Cheshire Cat. His suit is pristine white, immaculate as always, without as much as a wrinkle, and there is a white rose in his lapel.