― 𝐟𝐢𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

───── ⚔ ─────

chapter fifteen: i should've let you become a breadsicle

──────────

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐔𝐍𝐃 𝐎𝐅 𝐋𝐀𝐔𝐆𝐇𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐀𝐊𝐄𝐒 𝐕𝐈𝐒𝐇𝐀 𝐉𝐎𝐋𝐓 𝐀𝐖𝐀𝐊𝐄. Or, rather, move as much as she can with her hands and legs bound. A string of expletives escape her mouth as her eyes adjust and she is able to get a good look at whoever has tied her up. Rye and another Tribute― the boy from 11― are sitting by the campfire she made and are not-so-discreetly looking at her. Visha sends a very pointed glare at Rye. "I help you, and this is how you re-pay me?" She shrieks. "Not fucking nice!"

The boy from 11 scowls right back at her. "Don't swear, he's twelve!"

"I know he's from 12 you dickbag!" Visha yells back, pausing for a moment as she realises that's not exactly what he meant. But then her anger resurfaces and she struggles against the rope that holds her. "Fucking let me go!"

Rye moves closer to her, but doesn't untie her. "Not until you promise not to hurt us."

"Hurt you?" She screeches as she tries to rip the bonds apart. It doesn't work. "I think we're way past hurting you, loaf! I should've let you become a breadsicle!" Visha finishes angrily, huffing. She then turns to face the boy from 11. "And you! I don't even fucking know you. Why the fuck would you tie me up?!"

He gives her a lopsided smile. "I'm Orion, pleased to meet you." He holds out a hand for her to shake, and then snorts to himself, apparently realising that Visha couldn't exactly shake his hand if hers were bound.

"You can take that hand and shove it up your ass!" Visha sputters, finally done with struggling with the bonds. She settles for easing her knife out of her thigh holster― which she had forgotten about until now― and rubs her rope-tied hands on it.

The bonds cut ever-so-slowly.

A slow grin makes its way to her face as her hands are freed. "Suck it," she says to Orion and Rye as she unties her legs.

The minute she is free, Orion scrambles in front of Rye, holding his arms out in front of the twelve year-old, as if he is trying to protect him. "Before you get angry and try to kill us," he says, stalling. "How about we sit and talk about this?"

"No," a low growl escapes Visha's lips as she glances around for her katana and spear. They are nowhere to be seen. The only weapon she has is the knife in her hand. "You should've thought about making me angry when you decided to tie me up."

Then she lunges at Orion, knife raised.

He catches her wrist as she tries to bring her knife down on him, and twists.

A scream erupts from Visha. "Ow, you motherfucker!"

Orion twists harder, making Visha drop her blade. Her eyes flash in anger, but also in unease. He's twice her size. If he wanted to, he could easily kill her. She watches, fear spreading through veins, as Rye picks up her knife. Orion turns Visha around so her back is against his chest, and refuses to let go, even as she struggles against his grip. "Calm down," he says quietly.

"Fuck you," she retorts, bringing her leg back and kicking him where the sun doesn't shine.

Orion drops her like she's a hot plate. "What the fuck?" He finally curses.