The Invitation

The snow piled up on the cobblestone paths of Sakura Bay as a pair of navy blue boots stomped down, compacting the frosty ground beneath it. The chilly sliver handle of the glass door opened to a warm building alive with the scent of rice, seafood, milk and tapioca. "Hey Elle, here for your shift?'' ''Hi Matt, I sure am!'' She hangs her jacket up on the employee coat rack and headed behind the counter to prepare the bubble tea machine but Clover, the chef stopped here. ''Elle, can you please put on your best uniform, the one with the golden accents and roll out the red carpet please, we have a very special guest arriving.'' ''Is it Jojo, the food critic?'' ''No, you'll see who it is.'' A black limo with a golden printed logo on the backseat door pulled up, Louie Ria himself who is the president of Starfood enterprises and built Sushistar restaurant brick by brick. ''Hello my faithful employees, I come to you with a gift for this New years I am inviting two of my employees from each of my fast food franchises to a party atop the Starfood headquarters penthouse in New Pepperton on New Year's eve.'' Clover spoke up ''What? Only two of us? Why can't all of us come?'' ''Well some of your team needs to stay and hold down the fort.'' He places two golden envelopes on the counter, leaves and drives away. 

The 4 employees, Ella, Matt, Clover and the waiter Rudy look at the envelopes. ''Well who should go to New Pepperton?'' Clover spoke up first ''I'm more of a Starlight City girl than a New Pepperton girl, I don't even like coffee!'' Rudy said he and Clover have plans to attend a Scarlett and the Shakers concert in Toastwood as his sister is the lead singer. ''Clover and I both adore rock music, it's our jam!'' ''You got that right Rudy.'' *fist bump* ''That settles it, Elle you're coming with me to New Pepperton.'' ''Matthew, you know I don't do these social events.'' ''Don't worry, when you can go shopping!'' ''How can you think about shopping?'' ''Come on, let's go!'' 

Matt and Elle went off to the Sakura Seaside Boutique, picked out a two tone blue and white gown and a blue daisy hair clip. Matt got himself a black suit and navy blue tie to match. Then on December 28th, Matt went over how to work the cash register with Rudy and Elle taught Clover how the bubble tea machine works, then the Starfoods branded shuttle arrived. ''Ok, we'll be back on January 2nd, remember we are closed on New years and don't burn the place down, got it?'' ''Yep, enjoy your trip you two.'' ''Bye, enjoy your concert.'' The shuttle drove for half an hour to the Sakura bay train station then they boarded the Pepperton train on platform 14. The train took off as within half an hour they were chugging along among the pines of Maple Mountain towards the central metropolis of New Pepperton.