Our Little Dream

Elle woke up from her dream with her head in her hand. ''How could I have forgotten about the New years kiss tradition, if I don't find someone before 11:59 tomorrow, I'll be lonely and loveless for the whole next year!'' ''But who do I choose, Kayla or Alberto? Maybe if I'm desperate Matt.'' She got dressed and headed to the pool to meet Alberto. ''Hello Elle, we meet again.'' ''Hey Alberto, can I see more of Pepperton Heights?'' ''Of course! This is my old high school,  N.P. West, best high school culinary program in the city. My mama saved up for years to send me to this school, I've always loved cooking and being a chef in some way was a sueñito all throughout my life.'' ''Sueñito?'' ''It means Little dream. Everyone in the world has one, what's yours?'' ''Mine? Um, well I'd love to travel and someday find love.'' ''Finding love in the world, what a nice dream.'' ''Thanks?'' ''Mine is to climb the ladder, gain skills, experience and someday have a restaurant of my own. You know my mama passed an old recipe book onto me, I can show you where they all are.'' 

They went to the Starfoods tower up to the front desk. ''Hello, I'd like to access my Starployee safe deposit box.'' ''Alright, can I see some identification and proof of employment.'' ''Here's my driver's license and my sweet name tag from the Freeziestar.'' ''Come this way please.'' Ella and Alberto walked forward. ''Sorry Miss, restricted access to other employees safe deposit boxes, you can see the box with Alberto if you are married and have proof of that, it's for security purposes.'' ''Ok, I can wait, we aren't married or anything we literally met a day or two ago.'' Alberto came out with an old book of recipes. ''See, it's all here, my dreams and memories with my mama.'' ''Wow, it's all so intriguing.'' He put the book back in the box, locked it and left the tower with Elle. ''Want to hit up the store with the Slushstar?'' ''I think I'm actually getting frostbitten out here, I'm going back to the hotel, see you soon.'' ''Ok Ella, remember never give up on your sueñito!'' 

Matt greeted Elle as soon as she opened the door. ''Elle, please at least leave a note before you go off having fun and running around with the volunteer lifeguard. I've been worried sick since yesterday.'' ''Sorry Matt, it's just that, I think I've finally found love.'' ''OHHHHH! Tell me more, no wait, let's talk over coffee!'' Matt flew out the door with Elle in his hand to the coffee shop with the $7 soup on 46th avenue. ''One large Dark Roast coffee and one medium Caramel Latte Supreme, extra whip.'' ''Thank you, that's all.'' The waitress headed back as Elle and Matt got real. ''Ellie, who's the lucky person? It's Marty isn't it?'' ''No, it was never Marty, I like this guy Alberto but I met another person and I'm confused.'' ''I see.'' (Sips coffee)