Nothing

Sound washes away.

My heart.

I focus on the drum beating in my ears.

The only sign I'm still alive in this god forsaken world.

The darkness is welcoming. It swirls. It engulfs. It surrounds. It soothes.

The silence may be deafening, but I welcome it as well.

In this moment, I can forget.

The water makes me weightless. The pressure on my shoulders vanishes.

Nothing.

There is nothing.

I am nothing.

If it only it were that simple...

———————————

After Madara and Y/n had their reunion, Y/n escaped as unscathed as possible. No one tired to stop her as she cradled her injured wrist walking to her room. She changed quickly, leaving everything else behind. While Hashirama and Madara stood in the foyer, Tobirama was nowhere to be found.

Hashirama's expression begged forgiveness as Y/n stormed by. Turning her head away, she ignored the smug looking male beside her thought to be savior. Madara Uchiha had won this round. The question was what would Y/n do in retaliation. She wasn't sure she could do anything. At least not right now. She thought she had allies. At the moment, she looked rather alone. All because of her own actions.

Driving with one hand was never easy. She quickly realized that her wrist wasn't broken, but likely dislocated. While Y/n had a few options on where to go for help, she went to the one that made the most sense. Pulling into the parking lot, she regretted her choice. There was a car she knew well parked near the reserved space for Val. Y/n may be happy for Val and Shisui, but losing out on two friends stung.

Using her Bluetooth, Y/n called her second option.

"Is everything okay?" The voice was calm but concerned.

Lightly smiling, Y/n replied, "I know it's late," she sighed, "I was hoping you could set my wrist."

The other woman sighed, "I'm not at work," thinking it over, she knew it didn't matter. "Do you remember where I live?"

"Yes," Y/n answered. "I'll be there in about fifteen minutes. Thank you, Shizune."

"Don't thank me yet," Shizune tried to joke, though she knew the timing wasn't appropriate.

When Shizune opened the front door, she frowned. Stepping aside, she let Y/n enter her home. Shizune didn't live too far from Naruto. It seemed as though all of the suburbs were connected on the outskirts of town. Y/n headed for the couch while Shizune closed and locked the door. She knew that Y/n wasn't there because she wanted to be. She didn't want to go to the hospital. Or call Tsunade.

When Shizune entered the living room, she didn't hesitate to ask, "What happened?"

"I ran into a wall," Y/n snorted.

Crossing her arms, Shizune gave Y/n a scolding look, "Do you know how worried everyone is about you? And then you call out of the blue because your wrist is dislocated?"

Dropping her head, Y/n nodded slowly, "I do know." Was all she said for a moment. Shizune waited. "I tried to go to Val. She had company. And you know I can't call my mother. The hospital would ask questions. I need your help, Shizune. Just this once."

"I want you to tell me that you're safe," Shizune pressed. "Tell me that when you leave here, you're going home to your husband. Tell me you'll let this go."