Wonderland

Y/n lay awake beside Obito in their bed at the mansion. The time on her phone taunted her: 3:23am. She couldn't sleep. No matter how hard she tried, her mind wouldn't shut up. It echoed with her choices over the last four years. The lies. The deception. The death. The destruction. All of these things were because of her.

Was the case worth destroying so many lives? How many people had died because of her. Because she accepted a deal from the FBI, lives were destroyed. Y/n caused so much pain for people she hardly knew. And what about those she loved? They struggled watching her, knowing that they couldn't help. She wouldn't allow the help. Why couldn't she leave well enough alone?

If she hasn't gone to see Madara the first time, it wouldn't have led to the second time. Maybe he would've been content to rot in prison the rest of his life. Maybe he would live out the rest of his days merely dreaming of what could've been. Thinking of the mistakes he made. Torturing himself with what he could've done differently. Instead, Y/n was the one suffering.

In truth, Y/n knew that Obito was suffering. She knew the emotions he poured into her the night before were his desperate plea for forgiveness and acceptance. Forgiveness for more than the one night stand with Anko. More than acceptance for his shortcomings. He wanted her to forgive herself. He wanted her to accept the truth about the situation. He wanted her.

Sitting up, the sheet fell from Y/n's tired body. Glancing at Obito, her mind flooded with the images from the night before. Smiling softly, she looked down at her naked body. As Obito usually does when he's trying to prove a point, he littered her skin with bruises. Some may find it strange, but there was something about Obito marking her body that made her chest feel warm.

Knowing she wouldn't sleep anymore, Y/n decided to get up. Grabbing a robe from the floor, she quietly made her way to the bathroom. She hoped a hot shower would help settle her nerves and solidify her resolve. The shower helped with neither, but she ignored the unsettling feeling inside of her as she dressed. Black skinny jeans, a thin, long sleeved shirt and ankle boots. She had things to set in motion as quickly as possible.

Sitting at the parlor desk, she pinned a note for Obito:

Please let me do this. I know you're tired of me asking this of you. You watched in the darkness as I lied over and over while undercover. And yes, I'm lying to you again. I can't promise what the outcome will be, Obito. If I live, I don't know if I can come back to you. Even if I can forgive you, can you forgive me? All I can promise is that Madara will die. No matter what, your family, and the girls, will have a life of peace after this is over. At the end of it all, I do hope we can find each other again. Don't search for me. I will do my best to make sure Tobirama knows my whereabouts. He will let you know if something happens. Obito, never forget that my heart will always belong to you. Give the girls my love.
                         - Asami

The note lay on the desk waiting for Obito. Y/n wasn't sure if it was the best idea to leave it, but it was the closest thing she could give him as an apology. And declaration.

Y/n slipped from the room without a sound. Sneaking into the garage, she opened the lockbox that held the keys to everyone's vehicles. Grabbing one of the jackets from the wall as well, she made her way to the vehicle of choice. Sasuke would be pissed, but she'd buy him a new one if need be. The deep blue Bugatti roared to life as Y/n revved the engine. She hadn't driven a motorcycle in a decade it felt like. Knowing it would be the fastest, and stealthiest option, she smiled to herself as she closed the visor to the helmet.

Creeping down the drive, she waited for the gate to open. Speeding down the road, she wondered if her next destination would be a smart one. Y/n didn't have many allies in this fight. There were a few she thought she could possibly win over.