CHAPTER 5 🤍 Encounter With Agony

Thread layed on the roof of the pokemon center, how he got there he himself isn't entirely sure but that doesn't really matter. Felicity and Pirouette were at his side with Pirouette trying to teach the over active eevee how to dance while Felicity just kept adding random spins and leaps into the choreography clearly annoying Pirouette.

"Ori! Ori! Ori! cori!" Pirouette chirped as if singing then spinning with his wings above his head and tossing them down afterwards as well as switching to standing on just one leg. Felicity copied but added several jumps into the routine causing Pirouette to throw a tantrum likely since they spent the last half hour learning just the first part of the dance which Felicity always added to rather then just copying "CORI! ORICORIO! CORI ORI RIO!" Pirouette scolded putting the end of one wing on his hips and waving the other one around.

"Vee!!!" Felicity yipped obviously not taking the scolding for what it was only making Pirouette more angry "voy ve! Vee Vee eevee!" She continued to cheer, Thread reached out placing a hand on Pirouette's head and speaking in a soft voice that he found helped comfort him a lot

"Hey, no need to get mad, Fe is just not too good at focusing so let her off this time okay? Maybe if we have time later on we can do more dance lessons, you'd like that wouldn't you?" Thread whispered. Pirouette looked at Thread for a moment and then nodded his wings down and more relaxed now making Thread smile "there we go, that's much better"

"Evee?" Thread paused pushing himself up into a sitting position, Felicity was stood at the edge of the roof looking down at something that she clearly was confused about based off the position of her ears and tail. Cautiously, he moved to be just beside Felicity getting a clear look at what, or rather who, she was looking at. Thread locked eyes with a black haired male possessing a teal eye as the other was covered by his hair, this was all Thread needed to know who this was: Agony, this multiverse's nightmare.

Thread grabbed Felicity and pulled her away, he quickly suppressed the memories of Nightmare not wanting to remember when he found out the poison he always used on him wasn't to build his immune system as Nightmare claimed but to try find a way to easily kill him without wasting time on a worthless glitch. Agony stared at Felicity and Thread could already tell what they were thinking and he hated it

"Well hello there" Agony greeted giving a not so friendly but not outright threatening smile "that's quite the Eevee you have, female and shiny? Quite rare if I say so myself. How'd you get her?"

"I don't feel comfortable telling you that" Thread muttered pushing himself away from the edge and closer to Pirouette who was already picking up what was happening despite having little context, he quickly ran inside by gliding through a window at the back of the building "and I don't think I know you"

"Oh? Is that so?" Agony said raising a hand to his chest "Well then! I'm Agony and now that I think about it I don't recognise you, from another region perhaps?"

"Thread... its Thread" He answered slightly louder this time "and if you really want to know anything about her then tell me about your pokemon, deal?"

"Deal" Agony took out a different kind of pokeball that Thread recognised as a fast ball. He tapped the button taking out an avien pokemon resembling a falcon with red, grey and yellow feathers as well as a black flame like pattern across its wings "This is my Talonflame, he doesn't have a nickname but my... co-workers call him Flames"

"Eevee's name is Felicity" Thread said in return "but I call her Fe sometimes"

"Hm? I assume you're planning to evolve her into an umbreon or espeon with a name like that" Agony spoke up, Thread could feel the hidden disgust in his words likely because of the meaning. Although, he was curious, what's evolution? It was clear agony wasn't talking about the usual definition of the word given how they phrased the statement.