Can't wait to be queen

It was an intense moment on the forest. Kion and Kiara were squaring off while the twins tried to break up the fight

Kion: *growls* Back off!

Kiara: You back off, Kion. That's my tree!

Kion steps forward emphatically.

Kion: Your tree?

Kiara: I found it first, so step aside.

Macie: well yeah but the tree had Kion's claw marks on it, so that means it's his!

Myles: yeah Kiara. Ya can't just go waltzing around bossing us around like your in charge!

"Uh, actually, she can. "

The four look up in surprise. Simba approaches and sits in-between Kion and Kiara.

Simba: For the next few days, Kiara will be queen.

Kiara: Me?

Kion: Her? Queen? Dad, what's going on?

Simba: Kiara will be acting queen while your mother, the twins families and I are away in Kilio Valley.

Kiara: Kilio Valley? You're visiting the elephants?

Simba: [somberly] Yes, we have a funeral to attend. [Simba looks down sadly.] My friend, Aminifu, passed away.

Macie: Aminifu? That's Ma Tembo's dad isn't it?

Kiara: yeah, he's their matriarch

Kion: he was a wise elephant

Myles: no kidding. That guys so wise he's practically a guru in elephant skin

Simba: Yes. He helped the Pride Lands return to normal after Scar was defeated. Once the elephants returned, all the other animals followed, [Kion and Kiara look down sadly.] and the Circle of Life came back into balance. And now, [Simba looks up and watches as several leaves spiral into the air.] Aminifu has completed his part of the Circle of Life.

Myles: and now Ma Tembo is leader of the elephants now

Macie: that's one large burden

Kiara: I'm so sorry, Dad. Uh, how long will you be gone?

Simba: [consolingly] Just a few days. [Kiara looks down uncertainly. Simba lifts her chin with a paw.] And I'll let you in on a little secret: [Simba nuzzles Kiara.] I was nervous about ruling the Pride Lands at first too.

Kiara: *chuckles nervously* I'm not nervous. Well, maybe a little.

Simba: It's okay. I have faith in you. [Kiara and Simba nuzzle. Kion looks expectantly at Simba.] And the Lion Guard. [Kion beams.] Just keep the peace, and everything will be fine.

Kiara: I won't let you down, Dad.

Simba: I know, princess. Or should I say queen?

Kiara's face turns to shock.

Kiara: *chuckles nervously*

The scene transitions to Pride Rock. Kiara stands on the promontory and watches as Simba, Nala and Maddie and Azazel's families walk away across the savanna, with Zazu flying overhead.

Millie: I can't believe Amanifu finally kicked the bucket

Moxxie: yeah. And now the torch of elephant leadership is passed to Ma Tembo

Simba: It is a big responsibility.

Stolas: indeed. And it is also a large responsibility towards you

Blitzo: yeah, especially since ya have to say goodbye to your dead friend in Elephantese