𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚁 𝙶𝙰𝚉𝙸𝙽𝙶

Hastinapur

Arjun's POV

My lips shifted up into an inadvertent smile, as my orbs lingered upon the words on the parchment. Smudging the edge of it with my thumb, my heart couldn't help but dash back to the stack of particular memories. 

Strange ah?

You recall of your own father by reading someone else's father's letters? Maybe that's because a father's love towards their children ain't any different.

I stared blankly at the piece of paper, lost down in the aisle of the memory lane. Sucking in enough air to dissolve the lump in the throat, my thumb began to stroke the edge of my lips. A habit I had unknowingly developed whenever the heart tries to play with feelings instead of doing its job of pumping blood, threatening to reveal themselves in those trickles of water and my urge to pause them.

Stupid heart.

"Arjun, can you hand me over Pitashree's letter?" My eyes travelled up towards the woman who was seated on the edge of the bed, with her hand extended yet eyes glued on the other parchments with a contented smile on her face. The voice died out just like that, while I kept staring at her with a void expression.

"Arya Arjun?" 

"Hmm?" I snapped back to reality, realizing the fact that I had been clutching Maharaaj Drupad's letter in my hand for a long time. "Yeah," I sucked in all the feelings I had unknowingly allowed to flow and strode towards her with an extended palm clutching the parchment.

"Is anything...... wrong?" 

Difficult question. 

Her eyebrows knitted gradually, making me realize she is about to make me spill out everything.  I retracted my gaze from her and glued it on the chamber door, still retaining the blank expression and rested my hand on her shoulder. "Come with me," I vaguely patted her.

"But where?"

"First you come with me," I didn't dare to look back as I strode out of the chamber. A soft smile graced my lips as the footsteps coupled with chiming of anklets and a perfervid scent of blue lotus trailed behind me.

A whiff of cool yet pleasant wind collided my face as the stretch of vast stretch of empty land lay open and empty in front of my eyes. Nothing, just moonlight graced the tip of grasses allowing them to shimmer. I crouched down and laid on my back flat, a cooling sensation consumed me as I hit the soft grasses. 

I pursed my lips looking back at her, who stood assessing the area with folded palms. I waved at her and patted the space beside me, indicating her to join. She gave me an amused expression and began smoothening her lower garment, seating beside me. My gaze prolonged on exuberant dark hued figure, while she wrapped both her arms around her knees and gave an agile exhale.

"Worried about spoiling your hair?" I half smiled, her fragrance of blue lotus intoxicating my nostrils. 

"No," she shrugged, giving me an obvious expression. Her fingers went up towards her braid as she pushed it to one side of her shoulder and plopped down flat on the ground, "Happy?" she bared her teeth, dimples etching on both her cheeks. Though dark, I could observe her orphic ravens bearing into my ambers.

My lips stretched on both sides seeing her smile, while she dashed her eyes, fixing it on the night sky, "Looks better like this."

"I know right," I copied her and glued my eyes on the shiny round orb that was out in its full glamour. The stars sprinkled in the sky like glitters, adding to the charm.