𝚂𝙿𝙰𝚁𝙺 𝙾𝙵 𝙵𝙸𝚁𝙴

Hastinapur

Arjun's POV

"Two cups of counterblasts, one cup of indirect ultimatum, half cup of limit-recollection and yes," I leaned against a tree, tossing a small pebble in between my fingers, "Sprinkle some savageness, according to taste." Dashing my orbs across towards the edge of the artificial fountain, my lips shifted up into a smirk after perceiving a set of astonished pairs of eyes epoxied on me.

"Wh-what was that?" she blinked, completely caught off guard. The ripples she was concocting in the waters, halted momentarily as she continued lingering her gaze upon me. I am damn sure she must be marveling that from where do I miraculously appear from thin air out of nowhere.

But, how on earth can I leave her alone right now? 

"Recipe," I ticked my jaw, spinning the pebble higher, "Recipe, to memorize. Trust me, it will be fruitful in your stay in Hastinapur."

"The thing is that you need to blend those ingredients in front of some highly dunderheaded individuals." 

Her features softened gradually, as she pulled out her hand from the waters. The distaste plastered on her face was still fresh as interlocked her fingers and let out a breath, lowering her lashes and resting in on the grasses. The moon hung low in the cloudless blue black space, ennobling her already arresting visage though deprived of the usual spark.

I had already envisioned that sooner or later, she won't be spared. She won't be, when the chances of demeaning her had been easier. And I know too, that my sharp roasts, Bhrata Bheem's overprotective stance for her or Jyesth's warnings would lose it's effect in the time being for them.

And visibly, it is losing. And I can't let that happen when I am the sole reason for it. 

I can't stay back as a periodically aloof person, which is a way of escaping from everything. Or rather every feeling. Enough of it. She has been here, directly or indirectly, because of me.  

If she been thrown into a cage because of me, then I shall be the one to bring her out. If that spark of fire vanquishes due to me, I shall be the one to light it back again.

Period.

"No, I probably can't afford that." she peered at me through her lashes, lowering them back again and began rubbing her palm with her thumb, "He-here it seems like you'll have to breathe too with permission." she couldn't, or rather didn't try to abstract the sense of mock that followed her statement. Her eyebrows knitted back, as she pushed back a strand of hair from her forehead.

"You have to afford that. I am not asking you to overdo it, just respond when things go overboard." I know, I can't be illogical with her. She'll land in trouble to if she tries to argue to much, of course she will. Not my statement, but experience screams that. The fact is those who support us, to are under their support.

So it is useless, better be practical.

But neither can I allow her to swallow down every crap blasted down upon her.

"Is it so easy as you speak?" she shook her head, clicking her tongue.

"No, not easy. But its not that difficult either." I shoved the pebble away and strode towards her, "Not difficult, when you learn rekindle that spark back." 

"What is the use in that? There are enough of them to blow it away," her lips shifted up in deride, as she slightly splashed the water in the pool. Her words unknowingly made my heart twist painfully. Witnessing her wither away like a lotus before it can bloom, right in front of my eyes, is not a very pleasant sight.