1) Princes

"Princes aren't worth anything." Hester snarled, her lips curling in disgust.

"Yes they are!" Dot protested, mumbling through a mouth full of cucumber.

Anadil looked unimpressed. "So why have they been separated from us?"

Evelynn sighed, crossing her legs on the bench in the formally Good School's hall. "Because of her."

The doors at the end of the hall burst open, and the new Dean emerged, her dress was a dazzling shade of blue, her hair chestnut brown. She smiled, slowly and deliberately. "Good morning girls."

The benches were full of Ever and Never girls, all watching the Dean in anticipation.

"As some of you may know, My name is Evelyn Sader."

Sader had arrived only a few days after the destruction of the School Master. Now that the division between good and evil had been abolished, she'd taken over and segregated the boys in the school for evil, and the girls into the school for good. Even the teachers had been split up because of their gender - Besides Pollux, who kissed up to Sader so he could stay.

Evelynn didn't like this sudden takeover, not at all. Sader had appeared out of nowhere, and there was definitely something off about her, something not quite right. And here she was, on her second day at the school controlling everyone.

Just as Evelynn was thinking this, the new Dean seemed to look straight at her, her green eyes bright and mischievous. Evelynn frowned.

"Now." Sader joined her hands in front of her skirt. "I know you may all be wondering why I've separated the girls from the boys...but it's as simple as this: We don't need them."

Gasps scattered around the hall.

"Told you." Hester grumbled. Evelynn rolled her eyes.

"Princes are in every fairytale you can think of, but what do they really achieve? They're only useful because they can fight. Which is why I'm changing the lessons in this school, us girls are going to learn how to fight for ourselves, and make our own fairytales, without men."

The mutters in the audience now seemed to be more in Sader's favour.

"Uh, and what will the boys do?" Evelynn said, loudly.

The whispers stopped, everyone's eyes falling to her.

Sader smiled. "What do you mean?"

"Do they not deserve fairytales because of their sex? It's not their fault we are all expected to fall into gender norms to succeed. If we change our expectations and they don't, what do they get?"

"The boys will get just what they deserve. If they want to change, they can. But our world is no longer a battle between good and evil, it's between girls and boys."

Evelynn couldn't believe what she was hearing. "That's even worse! Can we not just live without war?"

"Enough!" Sader announced.

Evelynn slumped backward in her seat, again reminded of how annoyed she was with Agatha and Sophie for leaving her behind at the retched school.

Sader turned back to her new students, the smile returning to her face. "So, girls, enjoy your first official day on timetable, in our new and improved school. It's not like how it was before anymore, you can be whatever you want to be. Good or Evil, it no longer matters. It's your choice."

The room exploded into chatter, everyone bustling to leave the hall.

Dot bit into a carrot.

"Dot, why aren't you eating chocolate anymore?" Evelynn asked, standing up and walking out with the rest of the coven. She'd stuck with them since the battle a few days ago, and surprisingly, they got on quite well.