11) Evan

a/n: Hey y'all I've made the Evelynn playlist public and it's just called 'Evelynn Semis' on Spotify if you wanna listen :)))

——————————————

Evelynn paced up and down the former groom rooms, the coven and Agatha watching her with strange expressions.

Evelynn stopped abruptly, turning with fiery eyes to Agatha. "I can't believe I'm doing this."

"It's never too late to change your mind." Hester droned, leaning back in one of the empty bath tubs.

"What else is she supposed to do?" Dot retorted, "She doesn't want to help Sader because she hates Sader, but she wants to help the girls win because she doesn't want Tedros to kill Agatha and Sophie, but she also doesn't want the girls to win because she doesn't want Chaddick and Tedros to be slaves. Going to the boys school to try and fix everything there is the obvious option, right Lynn?"

Evelynn stared blankly at her for a second. "Exactly. Wait...yeah, that is what I should do. Okay, thanks Dot."

Dot smiled.

Anadil raised an unimpressed eyebrow. "Is it really that hard to do it when you've done it already?"

Evelynn glared at her. "Yes, Anadil, it is hard. Because I'm pretty sure I shapeshifted into a boy that DOES NOT EXIST. I've never done that before, I thought I could only shapeshift into people I have seen, but, apparently not."

Hester sat up. "I have an idea! You shapeshifted the first time cause you were afraid you'd be snatched up by an ogre, so what if I scare you into shapeshifting with my demon."

"That's a bad idea, especially seeing as I would know you're about to attack me because you just told me."

"You need to channel your masculinity." Agatha suggested, "Feel your boy side."

Evelynn grimaced, "I don't have a boy side."

"Just try it Lynn." Hester groaned, leaning back into the bath tub.

"We only have today to sort this out, you and Sophie are leaving tonight." Agatha reminded.

"Yes, I know!" Evelynn sat down on one of the chairs next to the mirrors, trying to calm herself down.

Anadil looked up from the rat she was cradling. "Where is Sophie?"

"She's in her room, trying to get over the fact she has to turn into a boy."

"Drama queen, it's only three days." Evelynn muttered.

Hester scoffed, "Says you!"

Evelynn ignored Hester's comment and closed her eyes, tightening her jaw as she tried to get in touch with her talent and her supposed 'boy side'. She saw colours flashing behind her closed eyelids, the familiar symptoms of her talent appearing, her body tensed, her eyebrows drawing together.

When she opened her eyes again, she saw her friends looking at her with open mouths.

Evelynn slowly turned to the mirror on her left, and recoiled slightly as she saw her face.

Her hair was dark brown and messy, her lips were thin, her nose wider, her jaw squarer, her eyes a deep blue, the kind of dark blue the deepest parts of the ocean appear.

"So...it worked." Dot said, looking confused.

Evelynn swallowed, feeling uncomfortable in the larger, broader body she was now in. "I look like my brother." Her voice escaped rough and low, it was strange.