2) Butterfly

After another day of lessons, including the very eventful one with Pollux, Evelynn headed straight for the Groom Rooms. She'd scheduled her first meeting with the girls.

Evelynn hadn't told Hester, Anadil or Dot. She thought they'd get annoyed and try to talk her out of it, besides Dot, but if Dot knew she'd definitely tell the others.

Evelynn glanced behind her as she pushed open the main door to the groom rooms, checking for any loitering students. What she didn't notice however, was the blue butterfly that slipped through the gap just before the doors shut again.

Surprisingly, there were a lot of girls stood before her as Evelynn entered, much more than she had expected. She double took, scanning the room.

Beatrix, Reena and Kiko stood at the front, smiley and hopeful.

"Woah. I didn't expect..." Evelynn glanced around again. "This many."

"Hello." One of the girls stood up and approached her, a soft smile on her lips. She had long ginger hair, freckles and bright eyes. Evelynn didn't recognise her. "I'm Yara. I just joined the school."

Evelynn frowned. "If you've just joined, why are you here? We're trying to get the boys back and I don't see why you'd be interested if you're new."

"Yeah, we're going to bring back Good vs Evil!" Another girl exclaimed.

"No. That's not what I said." Evelynn stated, crossing her arms. "We just want a school without separation."

"And I want that too. That's why I'm here." Yara placed a hand on her heart. "I want the best for our school, Evy."

Evelynn stepped closer, narrowing her eyes. "Why did you call me that. How do you even know my name."

Beatrix lifted her hands in protest. "Yara's nice Lynn. I told her your name."

"Evy's not my name."

Yara looked apologetic. "Sorry, it was just a nickname for Evelynn."

Evelynn glared. "Don't call me that again."

Kiko grimaced, placing a hand on Yara's shoulder and pulling her back with the rest of the girls. "Just call her Lynn." She whispered, "That nickname hits a sensitive spot."

"So." Beatrix clasped hands, trying to cut the tension. "What's the plan Lynn?"

"Plan? I don't have a plan."

"So why did you gather us here?" Reena asked, rather accusingly.

"I thought we'd form a plan, together? You are capable of that you know."

"Do you have a plan for a plan?" Kiko questioned.

"Uh, not really."

"Well." Beatrix threw her hands in the air. "This was a waste of time then."

"No, it's not. You guys probably know I don't agree with Sader, or in fact even like her. And she is the one that sent the boys away in the first place. To get them back, we have to get to her first."

Yara raised her eyebrows. "And how do we do that?"

Evelynn rolled her eyes. "I'm getting to it, obviously. It's simple enough, do small, rebellious things: eat the sweets in the forbidden sweet corridor, mess up your uniforms, be bad students. Disobey the rules, say stupid stuff in classes, act insufferably annoying. Stop acting like the perfect princesses you all are. What will Sader think? She'll wonder why her students are acting like this, there's definitely enough of us to make an impact. And hopefully she'll come to the conclusion the balance is out of whack. We need to let her know we're angry. Because if we don't and boys and girls remain separated for long enough, this will end in another war. And I don't doubt that's exactly what she wants, but, if we pretend we're too rubbish to ever succeed in a war, she'll give up and bail."