Chapter Twenty Nine

Midsummers

Warning: This chapter contains mention of rape and talk of suicide.

"It's fine!" Rafe smacks my hand away as I try to dab foundation over the bruise

"It's fine!" Rafe smacks my hand away as I try to dab foundation over the bruise. It hasn't gotten any worse but it's still visible. "Stop being such a baby" I tell him, pushing his hand away and attempting to dab foundation over it. He huffs in annoyance, giving me some angry childish expression making me giggle. He slumps his shoulders like he's five and gives in letting me dab the foundation over the bruise.

"That wasn't so bad was it?" I ask, cupping his face and forcing him to look at himself in the mirror.
"Hmmph" he huffs in annoyance. I think he knows he overrated like a little child.

"Rafe!" I shout as he pulls on my hair, ruining the curl I just did. Sarah, Kie and I went to get our hair done yesterday. Both Sarah and I got some highlights and Kie got a trim. Ever since I came home and Rafe saw it he won't stop touching it and petting my head like I'm a dog. "It's soft" he mumurs and I smack his hand away. "You're supposed to be getting ready" I tell him as I pull the piece of hair back around and re-curl it.
"We have almost two hours, I don't need that much time, it'll take me five minutes to get dressed" he says and I roll my eyes. Boys..
He slides his arms around me from behind, pulling me into him, and butterflies erupt. "Rafe" I warn him when he pushes my hair off my shoulder and kisses my neck. "I need to get ready" I drop my head back against his chest when he slides his hand down the front of my shorts. Even with the twenty times he's done this to me in the last few days I still get the biggest rush of adrenaline that only intensifies with every time.
"We have time" he says sliding his hand farther but I stop it.
If he starts touching me there's no way we're going to be able to stop and I still need to finish my hair and my makeup. "I want to but we don't have time" I tell him and he huffs in annoyance, his hot breath blowing down my neck making me shiver.
"I have to do my makeup" I tell him as he kisses my neck again. Looking up into the mirror I feel my heart do some warm fuzzy thud seeing him holding me the way he is. I never thought I'd be going to Midsummers with Rafe Cameron and have him be kissing my neck in his bathroom. I guess it's true when they say times changes everything.
"Don't put all that stupid makeup on, I like you without it" he tells me, spinning me around in his arms.
"I'm going to burn you" I say, holding the curling iron away. "Maybe I'm into that shit" he grins and I drop my mouth open. "Go" I tell him shaking my head and he laughs as I shove him out of the bathroom.

My hands are shaking as I pull my dress on. Sarah and Kie forced me to buy a matching bra and panties set to go under the dress the day we bought them. I have no idea why but they said it makes you feel prettier even if no one else sees it and every girl must own a matching set to wear under fancy clothes. I didn't really believe it until I put it on and I suppose they're right. I've never even owned a matching set. This one is light blue like my dress and lacy. I've never been too much of a fan of lace underwear but it's not scratchy like I thought it would be.