Chapter Forty Five

Mermaids

My eyes flutter open and I sit up, feeling the bed empty next to me

My eyes flutter open and I sit up, feeling the bed empty next to me. I immediately grow worried, unable to tell myself to calm down. Will I ever shake the fear that he'll leave me?

I swing my legs over the bed and stand. Cursing and grunting when I feel the soreness make itself known between my legs. Heat hits my cheeks at the remembrance. I should have been prepared for that after how hard he went last night. Last night..I cannot stop thinking about it and how some part of me wants to piss him off again just so he'll fuck me the he did last night. Not hurt him though.. I still feel so bad about what I did. I can't believe I basically, practically, almost cheated and played someone at the same time! Poor Jacob probably thought I was all into him. I'm going to hell.
I quickly pull on a pair of sweatpants, wincing as I walk down the hallway and carefully down each step, keeping my hand over my stitches for comfort.
I make my way into the kitchen, the smell of waffles filling my nose. Relief washes over me when I turn the corner and see JJ and Rafe in the kitchen. John B seated at the stools at the island. "That's not how you measure" John B tells JJ who fills a glass with milk before dumping it into a bowl full of what looks to be waffle mix. "It says a cup of milk"
"Not that kind of cup" Rafe shakes his head before yanking the cup from JJ's hand. Beginning to scoop the milk out of the mix. "Good morning princess" JJ smiles at me stupidly as I move over the John B. Rafe turns, his eyes meeting mine before he grins then turns back to what he's doing. My cheeks heat up making me feel like a stupid fourteen year old whose crush just smiled at them. "Hey" John B greets me, swinging his arm around me and giving me a half hug.

"Bell I just want to say I'm not mad at you for what you did to Rafe yesterday" JJ tells me making my stomach drop. He told them? My eyes move to Rafe who shoots JJ and death stare. "JJ.." John B shakes his head, giving me a reassuring squeeze.

A few minutes later JJ ran off into the living room, screaming for John B minutes later when he found some tv show..

I move over to Rafe, wanting to wrap my arms around him but worried he might still be angry with me.
"Are you stalking me?" He asks after a moment making me feel stupid. How could he even feel I was watching him?
Vampire..
"No..I was just.. I didn't know where you went" I shrug coming to stand next to him. Watching him pour the batter into the waffle maker. "I needed some space to think about how I'm going to dramatically leave you with no explanation" he tells me and I stare up at him worried. I knew it..

"I'm joking Bell" he tells me, turning around to face me. He pulls me into him by my waist and I wrap my arms around his before nestling my face to his chest, feeling him rest his cheek against the top of my head. I want to eat him..in a cute way. That doesn't even make any sense. I am not a cannibal.

"I'm sorry" I tell him again, he runs his fingers through my hair. "Thanks for reminding me for the seven hundredth time" he smarts off before kissing the top of my head.