Day of Chaos

ꕥ ꕥ ꕥ

The sliver of sun that had managed to push itself over the horizon leaked through your window shudders and into your room.

It didn't bother you though, as you were awake way before that.

You hair messy, even by your standards, and the amounts of strands you had accidentally pulled out when tangling your fingers into your bedhead was borderline scary.

The new day approaching had forced you to stand up from your two hour early morning episode. Standing up made your chair fall backwards, which clattered against your cluttered floor.

You didn't pay any mind to it.

You mindlessly stumbled across the same clutter, and without a glance you checked off another day on your wall calendar with the hanging pen that dangled at its side.

You continued your descent close to your wall and got to your wardrobe. It was a Saturday, therefor you weren't bothered with the burden of changing.

So with a sigh you ignored the wardrobe as well, and turned at an angle to get to your bed. Sitting on it gave a little amount of comfort, which was unfortunate but it was a fatality you'd lived with all your life.

So what was different now?

Well, it was probably the fact that you were possessed by a green cloud and had no control of your being for an hour. Plus, that same cloud wanted you to expose your idol.

Not the ideal situation, you were sure.

And that brought you back to the day before. The Friday all this chaos had set ablaze.

After the mist seeped back into the school vents, you were left breathless. It had resulted in you actually throwing up from the carsick-like nausea.

And then, by some miracle, Kris showed up. You remembered her looking like an angel ready to save you from your awful predicament, when really her face was set in a very agitated glower, looking more like a tormentor than anything else.

Nevertheless, you ran to her like she was your mothe—
No that wasn't right. More like she was your Aunt Gracey.

Gracey was your favorite.

Anyway, you ran to her like a child, when she opened the door to her DeLorean you had tackled her in a hug.

You were embarrassed remembering the action. Kris had since demeaned you, and spat it was childish. That was when she had started to act like mother. But nevertheless you continued to slowly recount the events after that.

It was a silent drive home. Accompanied by your silent panic. You had noticed your goggles were gone, but when you turned to Kris her glare was enough to shut you up before you had even spoken.

And once you raced into the comfort of your garage, your solace was short-lived.

The glass you had knocked over, when Kris scared you via her 'threatening' screwdriver, its contents was now pooling on your work desk.

It didn't take a genius to figure out what happened, but you still had a hard time believing it. You were supposed to be the great (Y/n) (L/n), and yet you had let a simple mistake like this pass you by.
If you had just noticed the vial wasn't the exact color, or maybe its difference in temperature, you could have prevented that chaos.