11

** Note: I'm writing a lot based off my own experiences being in a military relationship (not hearing from each other often, pent up emotions after a long time, worry, guilt, etc...). Obviously not all aspects but you get the gist. Speaking of, the main reason I came back to this story was because my fiancé recently was deployed. Writing has always been such an amazing stress reliever of mine that I decided to come back and fill up some time with writing (and hopefully finishing) this. I'm way better than I was a year ago, and thank you to everyone for understanding and being so supportive and loving as I came back. 

Also, I've taken some creative liberties with the time skip, we know they were in a war but not the specifics of anything. I also just wanted to make their homecoming cuter.

-- 

Four Years Later - Present Day

Your stomach did turns and flips as your anticipation grew, turning into a feeling where you thought you would vomit. Nervous was not even the word. The heel of your old work boot clicked against the pavement as you repeatedly tapped against it. It was feeling that was growing stronger and stronger, gnawing and lashing to eagerly get out as you stood still. The gate that would soon connect you to your lover stood a few meters away, a crowd of people already gathering for the well awaited homecoming. Porco's mother stood beside you and noticed the anxiety that began to overtake you, gently placing her hand on your shoulder, she gave you a soft smile.

Mrs. Galliard need say nothing to you, her warm smile being enough to wash some aspects of fear away. But this was a fear you had never felt so intensely before, a fear that clawed at you from the inside and slowly made its way out. A fear that built stronger and sustained throughout the four long years. There were momentary days, maybe a week at best, he was able to come home. Only means of not breaking him down too much, he needed some sort of morale to fight in a war. But he would be whisked away once more, leaving you to be alone and afraid. However, there would be no more ventures out of the gate after today, not for a god forsaken war, your lover would be home for good.

Voices murmured around you until finally, a voice rang out from a child, perched atop his father's shoulders, near you, "there they are!" The child's scream was the catalyst of excitement and celebration between everyone around you. People gathered closer to the gate, only resulting in the Marleyan soldier that guarded it to yell to back up. A loud click followed by the scraping of metal against the pavement seemed to make everyone hold their breaths.

"We did it!" A small brunette girl, whom you knew as Gabi, screamed as she bolted through the gate. Falco and the other Warrior candidates following suit. Being children, they wooped and screamed, happy to be home and happy to have made a name for themselves already. Several Eldian soldiers walked through and one after another, you began to see the Warriors pass through. The gate was like that of a portal, connecting two vastly different societies, but each time it opened it brought your lover back to you. The background noises of cheering, crying, and sheer joy were now muffled as your eyes met that of yours. Porco. You watched silently as he scanned over the crowd before him, looking for his parents, looking for you. 

You wanted to scream, a sensation bubbling over in your soul that made the air suddenly hot, but not a sound left you as his eyes finally met yours. You felt Mrs. Galliard's hand slowly slip away from your shoulder as you took a few hesitant steps in his direction. The crowd around the two of you was bustling, having little to no room to simply walk to each other. Your hesitant steps became quick as a euphoric feeling washed over you, dodging and weaving through any and all who got in your way. "Pock!" You yelled, an almost grin appearing on your features, causing the man to do the same in return as you quickly approached him.

You had no time to even think before the man swiftly took you in his arms, "(Y/n)," the blonde's voice was a whisper, closing his eyes is relishing in the fact he would never have to let you go anymore. The man's physique had changed quite a bit since he was away; he was stronger, his arms holding you as though he may crush you if held tighter, and his overall appearance was more toned and aged slightly. Four years could change a person, and it certainly did for Porco. "I missed you so much."