21

** Trigger Warning: blood, death, very graphic descriptions, mentions of war, ptsd, disassociation, very very dark scenarios/scenes/and imagery.

Creative liberties have been taken with minor details, but the original plot remains the same.

--

Eleven Years Ago

With a small breath, you wiped at your face quickly seeing as someone approached. The tears that streamed down your face did nothing but cause your cheeks to burn as you realized you couldn't stop them. Knowing the young boy who approached you, you turned your face to look away. Praying he wouldn't tease your tears, or even comment on them at all as you grit your teeth.

"Are you ok, (Y/n)?" He asked cautiously, much to your surprise. You expected the hot headed blonde to tease and make fun of you, poking fun at the black eye that was starting to form and your tears to match. And you most definitely didn't expect the boy to sit down next to you, as if to comfort you.

"I'm fine," you mumbled. Using the sleeve of your shirt to wipe more tears, you let out a breath. "Why do you care?" You bit out.

"Yikes," he commented before biting his own tongue. Letting out a sigh, he leaned back on the porch you occupied. The porch that belonged to your home that he followed you to as soon as he saw tears running down your face. You were only playing a game with friends, giggling and laughing as you played Titans, until suddenly someone took it too far. "Because you're my friend, dim wit," he scoffed.

"Go away, Porco!" You yelled, choking down more tears. You knew better than to think the boy was really here to help you feel better, you knew as soon as you saw him he was going to taunt.

"Ok, ok, sorry!" He apologized, raising his hands in surrender. "Seriously though, (Y/n), are you ok? I know that hurts." His voice was gentlier now, waving with almost worry as he put his hands down and looked over at you. "If it makes you feel better, I punched them even harder for doing that."

You felt a giggle leave your lips at his final statement, ultimately not meaning to show any emotion to him but giving in at the last second. "Good," you chuckled, feeling your tears dry up at the thought. Imagining Porco reering back and letting loose his anger on the poor soul strangely made your heart happy. Turning your head to finally face him, you dried your face one last time. "Do they look worse than me?"

"Oh, wayyyy worse," he drawled out. "Nobody gets to mess with you unless it's me," he said with a small smile. "Only I get to terrorize you." His smile pulled at his lips in such a way it jerked your heart right out of your chest. Swallowing hard as your eyes met his you kicked yourself internally for such a stupid feeling.

"Thank you," you mused. A smile pulling at your lips by seeing his own.

Present Day

Groaning at the noise around you, you shifted in your dream like state to cover your head. Thinking if you only covered your ears, the noise would stop - but it still persisted. Your body ached, every muscle and fiber screaming as you tried to move from where you laid. The noise that rustled you awake, now appeared to be voices, becoming clearer as seconds passed. Finally coming to, your eyes fluttered open and squinted at the harsh lights above you. "Shut the hell up," you croaked. "You're too loud."

A jumbled noise of chairs moving and screeching, cut off conversations, and footsteps broke your thought of ever going back to sleep. "(Y/n)," a low, hushed voice spoke as you felt a weight next to you. Swallowing hard, you snapped quickly to reality and jerked back. Because of this, your head swam violently with dizziness, and the overwhelming need to vomit washed over you.