chapter four: blood must have blood

- BLOOD MUST HAVE BLOOD -
'our truce begins when i avenge my brother with his murderers death.'

Sairah gazes at the table before her, featuring a miniature model of Mount Weather sprawling across the surface. Lexa and Clarke accompany her, the latter appearing visibly relieved after the recent events involving Lincoln.

"Lincoln's recovery was..." Lexa pauses, searching for the right word. "Impressive," she eventually concludes, a sentiment that Sairah readily concurs with. Countless attempts to prevent Mount Weather from transforming their people into Reapers had been met with failure, but with the Sky People aligning with them, a glimmer of hope emerges. Lexa continues, pulling Sairah from her contemplation, "No one's ever survived such a fate before."

Clarke interjects with a small shake of her head, "It's not complicated, really. We just have to keep them alive long enough for the drug to leave the system. I know we can do the same for others."

Lexa shares a swift glance with her second before nodding at the blonde. "You may have your truce."

"Thank you," Clarke breathes out in relief.

The commander shoots Sairah a significant look, signaling for her to take the lead. Sairah moves a step closer to Lexa, positioning herself over Clarke. "We just need one thing in return," she asserts.

Clarke, nodding at Sairah with a smile, prompts, "Tell me."

"Deliver me the one you call Finn." Sairah locks eyes with the blonde, delivering her next words with unwavering determination. "Our truce begins when I avenge my brother with his murderer's death."

A shiver of horror runs through Clarke as she absorbs the gravity of Sairah's demand. She never anticipated that it would come to this. Sairah is set on ending Finn's life, and Clarke realizes there's nothing she can do to prevent it. If Sairah is ruthless on the battlefield, Clarke can only imagine the extent of her ruthlessness when it comes to avenging her brother.

Clarke can only hope she'll never have to witness the grim reality of Sairah's vengeance.

-

The white creature moves gracefully through the damp grass, undeterred by the enveloping fog. Sairah firmly grips her horse's reins, clutching a torch in her free hand.

Clarke strides between two horses, one flanked by Sairah and another with one of Trikru's fastest warrior. The blonde reflects on her recent discussion with the commander and her second. The ultimatum is clear: surrender Finn to ensure a truce, or risk the Mountain Men slaughtering their people. Clarke grapples with the dilemma, torn between the safety of her people and the life of one man.

Meanwhile, Sairah remains attuned to her surroundings, immersed in the natural beauty. She has always found solace in the early morning outdoors. To an onlooker, her joy is palpable, yet the true source remains concealed.

Her happiness is a guise, veiling the impending pursuit of vengeance for her fallen brother.

Sairah is poised to exact her vengeance upon Finn, opting for a method that has earned a grim reputation as 'the worst way to die.' Determined to make it a public spectacle, she intends to send a clear warning to Skaikru, ensuring they never dare to harm her people again.

As her horse signals their arrival at Skaikru's camp with distressed whinnies, Sairah hears the distinctive clicks of guns being readied. Approaching the gate with Clarke and the warrior at her side, she is met with a cautious greeting from Bellamy.

"Hold your fire. She's back," Bellamy commands, his gaze lingering on Sairah. He instructs his fellow guards to open the gate, allowing Clarke to enter while Sairah and the warrior remain outside. Tension thickens in the air as a figure rushes towards Clarke.