chapter six: Remember me

- REMEMBER ME -

'you have not seen my vengeance.'

Lexa leads the way to her tent, where Clarke and her mother await. Sairah and Indra follow, keeping a close watch after the recent events with Finn. Just because the Commander was okay with Clarke dealing with Finn doesn't mean all the other warriors feel the same.

Taking her seat at the throne, Lexa is joined by Sairah, who stands beside her with a serious expression. After a moment, Lexa speaks, "Blood has answered blood." She glances at Sairah, adding, "Some on my side think that's not enough. They wanted the murderer to suffer as our tradition demands. But they don't realize your suffering will be worse. What you did tonight will haunt you forever." Clarke looks down, but Lexa continues, "Still, there will be restitution. The body will be given to the people of Tondc. Murderer and murdered joined by fire. Only then can we have peace."

Kane immediately shakes his head, objecting, "No, no, we've done enough. The boy should be buried by his own people."

"Enough?" Sairah scoffs. "We were owed the pain of 18 deaths. We were owed our righteous kill. My village deserves justice—my brother deserves justice."

Abby glares at Sairah, accusing, "You don't want justice. You want vengeance."

Sairah, undeterred, steps closer to Abby, asserting, "You haven't seen my vengeance."

Before tensions escalate further, Clarke intervenes, "We'll do it. But when it's over, we talk about how to get our people out of Mount Weather... All of our people."

"We want the same things, Clarke," Lexa reassures.

"Good, when do we leave?"

Lexa rises from her throne, declaring, "Now. Choose your attendants." She strides past the Sky People, with Sairah and Indra following in her footsteps.

-

Sairah eases onto the back of her horse, Atlas, feeling the familiar rhythm of his movements beneath her. With a gentle scratch behind his ear, Atlas responds with a contented neigh, embodying the bond shared between horse and rider. Riding alongside her, Lexa maintains a steady pace, while Gustus trails behind, each mounted on their own steeds.

"Stop worrying, Gustus," Lexa reassures the warrior in their native tongue, sensing his unease. Sairah glances back at Gustus, noting the furrowed brows and somber expression etched upon his face. "Like you've always told me, all alliances are risky."

"This is not the same as uniting the twelve clans," Gustus counters, his tone laden with concern. "The Sky People are different—they're more like the Mountain Men than us. It could kill our coalition."

Observing Gustus's apprehension, Sairah interjects, seeking to address his concerns head-on. "Is it our coalition you're worried about, or Lexa?"

"The Commander is the coalition, Trikova," Gustus asserts firmly.

With a hint of exasperation, Lexa rolls her eyes, dismissing Gustus's concerns. "Then do your job and protect me. Besides, with Trikova by my side, you have nothing to worry about."

Sairah can't help but smirk at Lexa's response, appreciating the subtle blend of authority and reassurance in her words.

-

Under the luminous night sky adorned with the dazzling glow of lights, the pale crescent moon hangs like a silvery claw, casting an ethereal ambiance. Sairah gazes upward, marveling at the vast expanse of stars that seem to stretch into infinity. The occasional soft neighing of horses, resting nearby, punctuates the stillness of the night.