chapter sixteen: the bloody monster

-THE BLOODY MONSTER-

"Then you tell her i died doing something right."

"Trikova!" 

Both Sairah and Octavia look up when they hear two pair of shoes walking towards them. Sairah looks at Octavia with a raised brow. "Get your sword out. Kill when you have to." 

Octavia's eyes widen for a mini second before she nods her head in understanding. 

Adrian and another warrior hurry towards the two girls, their hands tightly gripping their swords, which makes Sairah furrow her brows. "Trikova, we're here under Heda's orders. We need to bring you back.

Sairah glares at the two warriors, her eyes spitting fire. "Go back to where you came from." 

Adrian takes a step closer. "Can't do that, Trikova." 

Sairah gives Octavia a quick glance before smirking at the man in front of her. "Alright, you asked for it." She swings her gladius sword and throws it right at his throat. Adrian's eyes widen before he chokes on his own blood. Sairah adverts her eyes to the second warrior, who looks like he's about to wet his pants. "You next?" 

The warrior shakes his head, his eyes begging for mercy. "No, Trikova." He trembles. He turns around and runs to the exit, but Sairah gives Octavia a signal, making the other girl hurry after him. 

Octavia reaches him in no time, grabbing him from behind and slitting his throat. 

Sairah tilts her head to the side, looking the girl up and down before giving her a smile. "Well done, you fit right in with us, skygirl." 

Octavia sighs as she comes back to stand next to Sairah. "You keep calling me skygirl tho." 

Sairah shrugs. "I like it." 

Octavia rolls her eyes at the girl. 

The two girls take a seat on the ground, their backs against one of the empty containers in the mine. Octavia plays with her sword while nervously looking around her. 

Sairah, on the other hand, closes her eyes and enjoys this moment. It's been a long day and the only thing Sairah would love to do right now, is just go back to Polis and sleep. 

"You know--" Octavia starts, interrupting Sairah's thoughts. "--i spend my entire life hidden under the floor, wishing that i was never born." Sairah sits up straight as she listens intently to the girl next to her. "Bellamy always used to tell me that everything will get better and that i won't always have to hide, but i never really believed him..." Octavia sighs, thinking back to her life in the Ark. "Bellamy is a good person and an even better brother. He always made sure i was safe and happy, which, unfortunatly, cost him our mother. But even then, he didn't give up on me." 

Sairah smiles. "He seems like a good man." 

Octavia nods. "He is." The girl turns her head to look at Sairah. "I can't live without him, Sairah... If he dies--- i won't--"

"Breath, Octavia." Sairah puts a hand on Octavia's shoulder, squeezing it lightly. "Nothing's going to happen to your brother. From what i've seen, he can take care of himself- and you." 

Octavia takes a deep breath in before scoffing. "Indra will never take me back as her second." She sighs. 

"Don't worry about Indra right now. Let's focus on your brother and your people."