chapter thirteen: she's immortal

- SHE'S IMMORTAL-

"She's Trikova, she's immortal."

"Sairah!"

"Sairah!"

"Trikova!"

The cries of Octavia and Lincoln reverberate through the ruins of Tondc as they traverse the fallen city together. Octavia, in a bid to provide reassurance to Lincoln, shares what she knows, "She was with Marcus when I left them."

The weight of uncertainty bears down on Lincoln as he contemplates the potential fate of Sairah. "If she's dead... I don't know what Lexa will do," he exhales heavily.

Octavia, however, remains steadfast in her conviction. "She's not dead. She's Trikova, she's immortal." As they walk, their attention is drawn to the cries of a distressed woman. Octavia shoots a nod to Lincoln before hastening toward the source of anguish. "Right here, let me help you." Lincoln follows Octavia, leaping off a precarious pile of debris. Octavia casts a concerned glance at him. "Lincoln, be careful. It's not stable down here."

Acknowledging the warning, Lincoln secures a nearby pole, nudging it to point out a potential location. "They're down there."

Abby's voice joins the mix from the sidelines. "Do you hear someone?"

Octavia, momentarily distracted by Abby's presence, quickly refocuses on the immediate concern. Leaving the distraught woman in care, she rushes toward Abby. "Abby, I'm sure Clarke is okay. We'll find her."

Abby's gaze remains fixed on the ground, guilt gnawing at her conscience. The memory of her last conversation with Clarke haunts her—Clarke knew about the impending bombing, and Abby, discovering it too late, couldn't prevent the catastrophe.

Lincoln's voice cuts through the tension. "Indra. She's alive." Without hesitation, Abby and Octavia rush to Lincoln's side. With determination, Lincoln heaves the heavy rock off Indra's body, revealing her beneath the rubble. "Oh, Indra," he murmurs, his hands gripping her shoulders as he helps her up.

Indra, however, pushes him away forcefully. "Put me down, Reaper!" she commands in her native tongue. Once released, she rises to her feet, surveying the chaos around them. Just when they think the worst is over, a bullet finds its mark, striking Indra in the shoulder.

The sound of gunfire intensifies.

"Sniper!" Lincoln's urgent cry fills the air. "Octavia, go!"

Responding swiftly, Octavia darts toward a sizable rock, seeking refuge from the hail of bullets. From her vantage point, she watches as Lincoln attempts to assist Indra, only to be rebuffed by the proud warrior.

"We're trapped," a second observes, drawing Octavia's attention.

Another proposes a strategy. "I say we use the skygirl to draw fire."

Octavia's retort is swift and fierce. "You got a problem?"

The second responds with a cutting remark. "Yes, you are the bringers of death. You even made Trikova weak."

Octavia's breath catches in her throat at the mention of Sairah's name. Her eyes widen as she scans the chaotic scene unfolding around her. "Sairah..."

"There's someone alive down there," Abby's voice pierces through the turmoil as she peers into a gaping hole.

Meanwhile, Marcus lies trapped beneath a heap of unforgiving debris and lifeless bodies. His body is cloaked in a shroud of blood and dust, yet his focus remains fixed on the unconscious girl sprawled beside him, a jagged pipe protruding from her abdomen. His heart pounds frantically within his chest as he replays the moment she shielded him from harm, sacrificing herself in the process.