Teasing From A Pirate

I can't believe I almost forgot about the jail "roleplay" moment. Forgive me for almost snubbing our favourite bisexual disaster of a pirate 😭🙏

--------------------------

Third Person's P.O.V.

"Oh Sheriff!"

Jimmy audibly groaned at that familiar singsong voice. He pinched the bridge of his nose in annoyance and looked up at the sky. All but glaring at the self-claimed "God of the Sea" as he slowly made his descent.

"Why is he here?" Jimmy thought, "We just made that deal on gunpowder yesterday! He can't be expecting profits already."

Pirate Joe kicked up a lot of sand when he landed. He then made a show of dusting himself. Muttering curses about how dry sand gets everywhere and that some got in his mouth. Jimmy lightly shook his head at the pirate's antics. Tipping his cowboy hat down just enough to shield the amusement evident in his eyes while leaving his smile on full display. Joe huffed.

"Greetings Joe," Jimmy said as he tipped his hat back into place.

"Well hello there, Sheriff," Joe greeted back.

"What're you here for?" Jimmy asked, hoping that the sooner he got down to business, the sooner the pirate would leave.

"I'm not here on business," Joe answered, slowly inching closer to the sheriff, "Not official business anyway."

Jimmy raised an eyebrow at the advancing mousy haired man. Giving the shorter male a curious and simultaneously confused look. What did Joe mean by that? What counts as unofficial business to him? Probably a lot of things considering how the pirate conducts his dealings. And why is he trying to snatch Jimmy's hat? Wait-

"Slow your roll there," Jimmy said, grabbing Joe's wrist just out of reach of his hat's brim.

"Darn! I was so close," Joe said with a half-assed pout. He clearly was putting on an act in order to lower the sheriff's guard. Luckily, Jimmy wasn't going to let that happen.

"I'm not falling for your act."

"Not even a little bit?"

"Nope," Jimmy replied, releasing his grip on Joe's wrist and lightly shoving him away.

"Would it work if it was Scott?"

Jimmy opened his mouth to retort but his words died on his tongue. He only managed to make a low sound somewhere between a gasp and a flustered noise. His brown eyes widened slightly in shock. However, Jimmy quickly snapped out of it. The sheriff not so subtly cleared his throat and tipped his hat just enough to hide the faint glow of his cheeks.

"So the rumours are true," Joe said with a smirk.

"What rumours?" Jimmy asked, panic slowly building up behind his eyes.

"Oh nothing really," Joe began, slyly closing the distance between him and the sheriff once more, "Just something about a rule surrounding your precious hat."

Jimmy stared down at Joe. The pirate looking up at him innocently through his lashes. The sailor even batted them a couple times as a few moments of silence passed. Jimmy was at a loss for what to say. Then, he caught a glint of something in Joe's eyes. That same glint which gave away when he wasn't telling the whole truth.

"You're not being completely honest with me," Jimmy finally said.

Joe took a dramatic step back and said in a very unconvincing tone, "Darn! You caught me red handed."

Jimmy shot him a stern, impatient glare.

"Alright, alright," Joe continued, "I heard from Lizzie about your little interaction with Joel a while back. She didn't give me too many details but even a nitwit villager could figure it out."