𝘳𝘢𝘪𝘯 ? - act 12

You began to tell Scaramouche everything that had happened to you as a child; you weren't usually this open, but something about this moment made you feel safe. As if you could put your trust in him.

Scaramouche listened intently to your ranting, which was entirely about your mother and your desire to find your sister.

Something caught his ear however..

"When I woke in the hospital, the doctor told me that I had been hit in the head by the building. He even said that I might have lost some of my memories, but it's strange... what could i have forgotten?" As you continued to think, your voice became quieter.

"Well actually, I guess I don't really remember much from before 9 years of age? but thats normal right? don't we all end up forgetting about our childhood?"

You groaned and lowered your head to look at your restless fingers.

"You... don't recall anything prior to 9? nothing at all?" He nervously enquired.

"Well, not much, it's really just bits and pieces" you said, looking up at him with a smile still teary eyed.

"However, there are times when I think about what wouldve happened if things were different yknow?" Your lips were slightly pursed, keeping back tears.

Suddenly, gentle raindrops turned the pavement around you a darker gray, washing away any trace of the sun and its warmth.

You expressed regretfully, "I'm so sorry I kept you here for so long.. I really didn't mean to, and now it's raining. I'm truly sorry scara"

"Whatever, I can drive you home, so let's go."

"Are you for real? I'd get your seats wet. I can just stay here and go home when the weather clears up."

In order to prevent you from getting wet, Scaramouche presses you slighty against him while he opens his umbrella.

As the two of you made your way to the school parking lot, a faint flush developed on your cheeks.

The stroll was brief and quiet, however it wasn't uncomfortable. It was pleasant.

Scaramouche invited you into his car, it didn't seem old. In fact it looked brand new, you expected something that was more.... used looking

You sat on the leather seat on the passenger's side, closing the door as you buckled in your seatbelt.

Scaramouche entered the car as well, starting the car as he closed the umbrella the two of you shared.

'was it really okay? For me to say all of that to him? oh why did i say that to him.. what if he thinks im weird now?! I should apologize...' you began to think, staring off into space as you did so.

Scaramouche, who had already started driving you home, noticed.

"What is it." You jumped slightly in answer to his sharp question, and you turned to face the lad with the purple hair trying to form a response.

"It's nothing, Mouchem! I just regret telling you about all that stuff.. I don't want you to be concerned about me, though I doubt you would, ha.. ! Isn't it rather cold out there?" In an effort to lighten the atmosphere, you laughed.

Scaramouche just waved his hand dismissively before hitting a button that appeared to be close to the steering wheel.

With time passing and your body relaxing, the seats started to feel warmer.