𝐒𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐍.

★

"SO HOW'S THINGS WITH YOU AND THE DRUG DEALER?" Soriyah asked, a blunt resting between her finger tips and she laid comfortably on Xyah's couch, scrolling through her phone.

Jade choked out a laugh before going back to doing Xyah's nails.

"We're fine," Xyah huffed. "And his name is Cartier."

"Whatever. And what's Jade talking bout?," She announced as Jade was trying not to make eye contact with Xyah, "Someone got caught up at the fair?"

Xyah glared at Jade who sat on the couch sipping on her wine cooler, her eyes diverted to the ground quickly. Xyah only told Jade about what happened the other night in confidence, she wanted to avoid the relentless 'I told you so's' and 'You're too nices'. She knew she probably shouldn't have allowed him to get away with that, but she did and the last thing she wanted was someone rubbing it in her face.

"It wasn't even like that." Xyah rolled her eyes, focusing on the television playing in the background. It was most definitely like that.

"So what happened?" Amira asked softly.

"His crazy ass ex popped up." The girl shrugged.

"Ex, huh?" Amira questioned.

"Yes. His ex. Now I'm tired of talking about that." The girl brushed off. They all looked extremely skeptical, making Xyah feel a bit uneasy.

"Look!" Soriyah spoke up, showing her phone to her friends, "Boogie's having a party."

"If he's with the niggas he was posted up with last party, count me in." Jade remarked making everyone laugh.

The girls did each other's hair and nails like they did every weekend. Now all of them getting ready for the party later that night. Xyah texted Carti, seeing if he'll be there. He was. Which didn't surprise the girl. She knew Cartier loved partying and carrying on just as much as she did. Probably even more.

Once the girls finished getting ready, it was well past nine. They all got into Xyah's car and was on their way.

-- -- -- -- -- --

Cartier caught himself smiling at his phone as he texted Xyah. He would be lying if he said he really didn't feel anything towards her. Even with Sadé still in the picture.

"Nigga get off your phone and help with these bottles." Boogie called from the kitchen.

They were setting up for Boogie's house party, no occasion. They just liked to party. He got up off the couch and walked to the kitchen where Amaaj, TJ, and Boogie were putting bottles and cups out on the counter.

"His ass is probably texting that one shawty." TJ said to the others.

"Who?" Boogie questioned, an eyebrow raised.

"Some girl named Xyah." Amaaj added.

"Oh I know her," He snapped his fingers, "She friends with Soriyah and them. Soriyah is fine as fuck!"

"All yall nosy." Cartier called from behind them, "Why do it matter who I'm texting."

TJ smacked his lips, "Nigga cause you a cheater." The others laughed.

TJ clapped his hands, licking his lips hungrily, "If I had a shawty like Sadé!"

"Shut yo dumb ass up." Cartier still possessive over Sadé. Why? Who knows.

"I'm just saying." TJ's hands up in defense.

"Don't just say shit, my nigga."

"Both of yall need to shut the fuck up and help cause I'm doing everything and as it ain't even my function." Amaaj called out to the duo.

They all continued setting up for the party until the sun went down. Putting out bottles, boxes of pizzas, and drugs that they planned on selling that night. Everything was all ready and now they waited. Not long though, since they barely sat down for a few minutes before people were knocking on the door.

As per usual, the party was a success. People flooded the house, all dancing, drinking, and smoking. Cartier loved parties since these were the times where he gained the most money at once. Selling weed, pills, and an array of psychedelics.

He was focused on his 'business' until he saw her in the crowd. Xyah dressed in a long bodycon dress, the fabric clung tightly to her body. Immediately she went towards the kitchen, Cartier a few ways behind her.

------

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!