𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍.

★

"AND NOW WHEN I CALL, IT JUST goes straight to voicemail." Xyah was on facetime with Soriyah, venting about her current situation with Cartier.

"Maybe he's busy with something, it's only been about like two days." Soriyah talking around a mouthful of chips.

"Yeah but usually he does little check-ins throughout the day," The girl stressed, unsure of what to think about the man's absence, " Maybe I should call again."

"Girl, no. You're acting crazy over this man. He'll pop up eventually, just chill."

The girl couldn't just chill. The past few weeks, Xyah been spending her time between work and the company of Cartier. She'd wake up and call him almost immediately, they'd talk for hours. They would constantly go on spontaneous dates and Cartier would surprise her with small gifts. Cartier would frequently spend the night at Xyah's then take her to work in the morning. Xyah's world began to revolve around the man and she couldn't stress the fact that he hadn't even asked her out yet. Is she becoming too attached?

Xyah fought against the idea of calling the man again, listening to her friends advice. She decided to simply change the topic, redirecting her attention to her friend. But Soriyah had gotten unusually quiet, Xyah began to think she walked away.

"Hello?" Xyah called to Soriyah, "You there, girl?"

"Something happened," Her voice now quiet and breaking slightly.

"What? What happened?" Xyah asked quickly, not like the tone of her friend's voice.

"Boogie.." Was all Soriyah had said.

"The guy you've been talking to? What's wrong?"

"He's dead. I'm looking at his obituary."

What the fuck?

"Oh my god. How? He was fine not even a week ago at that party." Xyah felt her heart become heavy as she remembered the man.

"He was shot." Sniffles were heard of the phone.

"Riyah, I'm so sorry—"

Soriyah quickly cut her friend off, "I'll talk to you later." Then hanging up.

Xyah felt extremely bad for her friend. Soriyah and Boogie have been talking for only a short time but they had grown extremely close anyways. Everytime the girls were together, Soriyah only spoke of him.

Xyah's mind then wandered to Cartier and how he may be feeling at that moment. After all, it was his bestfriend. Xyah finally made sense of Carti's absence, believing that it had everything to do with the passing of his friend. She no longer held any more annoyance towards the man ignoring her, she understood that he probably just needed time alone.

𝐂𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐢 🤍
----------

Hey
I heard what happened to Boogie, I'm sorry for your loss.
How have you been doing?
𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱

Cartier left Xyah on read, she didn't take offense though. She understood how hard of a time a person could have during a loss.

Xyah hated that Cartier was probably home alone, stirring in his own depression. She wanted to comfort him and offer him her support. The girl sat on her bed, contemplating on what she should do.

That's when her gaze shifted to her car keys on her dresser and then to her hot pink crocs.

He wouldn't mind, right?

Xyah didn't have time to think as she was already in her car, on the way to Cartier's house.

Was this incredibly stupid? Yes.

An invasion of one's privacy? Also yes.

But recently Xyah couldn't help but feel an extreme attachment towards Cartier. Her mind constantly thought of him, her body constantly craved him, and her heart would skip beats every time she was in his presence. She would always want to be with the man.

After driving for a short period of time, she pulled up in front of Cartier's house. She sat outside for a few moments, a small voice in the back of her mind telling her to just leave but she ignored it as she undid her seatbelt and walked up the stairs leading to the front door.

One knock. Nothing.

Two.

Three knocks.

The door flew open and Xyah only wished she listened to that small voice as she was quickly pulled into the house by her hair.

——————

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!