𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓.

★

Just like all the other parties, the lawn was trashed and the house smelt of alcohol and marijuana— not that Xyah minded. Xyah and her friends walk into Boogie's house, already high and tipsy off of their own drugs. They had no issues finding the kitchen, getting more alcohol and heading straight to the living where they'll be dancing the rest of the night. Not caring about being sandwiched between hundreds of sweaty, intoxicated people.

It's been hours of the group partying. Xyah left her friends and is now in the kitchen, rummaging through a plethora of now empty liquor bottles. She let out a deep sigh, realizing there was no getting any drunker.

"Looking for something, pretty?" The girl was startled by the voice coming from behind her, turning around quickly.

She was faced with a sloppy looking man, his grey nike sweatsuit had a large stain on the top while his air forces were brown and crusty. His lips held white guck at the corners as his afro was matted and unkempt. The man held a can of 4 loko's in his hand, taking sloppy swigs every now and then.

"No. I was just leaving, actually." Xyah disclosed to the man before speeding towards the living room, but the man had grabbed her, stopping her from leaving.

"Woah, woah, woah. Where you goin?" The man licked his lips as he shone his bent teeth while he smiled, "I didn't even get your name."

"Please get off of me." Xyah hissed while jerking her arm back, but his gripped only tightened.

"Stop fighting me. Just chill." The man pushed her into the counter as his hand forcefully grabbed onto her crotch.

"Get the fuck off of me!" Xyah now screaming at the top of her lungs, but it would be hard for anyone to hear her over the loud music.

He was way stronger than Xyah, he easily lifted up her dress. Xyah braced herself for the man's hand slipping into her underwear but that never came. He was ripped off of her and tossed on the ground. Another man on top of him landing blow after blow to his face. Cartier?

The music came to a halt as people fled into the kitchen, grabbing Cartier off the sloppy man.

"Let go." Cartier told the crowd which held onto him, "I said let go of me. Fuck!" He yelled a few moments after.

"Aye Boog! Get this nigga out of here!" Cartier spoke over the crowd of people before they tossed the man out.

Cartier turned to Xyah. She looked disheveled and on the verge of tears. He grabbed her hand and led her outside, his car parked right in the driveway. As soon as they were alone, Xyah let her emotions run free as her tear's finally pushed their way down her cheeks. Cartier held her, the two rocking gently while he comforted the girl.

"What can I do for you?" Cartier asked gently, caressing the girl's arm.

"I just wanna go home." She pleaded. She didn't care about anything else besides leaving.

And they left. They got into Cartier's car and drove straight to Xyah's house after Cartier explained to her friends what had happened. They were a bit reluctant at first, but let Xyah go once Xyah told them it was fine and that she trusted him.

The ride home was short and quiet. Cartier walked Xyah to her door, waiting patiently as she let herself in. He stood watching as she walked through the doorway then turned to face him.

"Want to come in?"

"You sure?"

"Of course." The girl replied sincerely, standing aside as he walked past. Xyah led Cartier to the couch, a comfortable silence lingering between the couple.

"How are you feeling?" Cartier asked the girl, gently taking her hand in his.

"Fine. Thanks to you, I'm sure tonight could've been way worse." Xyah managed to let out a small chuckle, Cartier nodding with a smile.

"I go crazy bout you, girl." He remarked with a smile, squeezing her hand a bit. The girl felt her cheeks heat up.

The two were consumed by a comfortable silence while Cartier gently caressed the back of Xyah's hand. His hand slowly moved up her arm, then to her face as he cupped her cheek.

"Carti..." Xyah was cut off by Cartier claiming her lips intimately.

Cartier's hands traveled up and down Xyah's body as the kiss deepened. Xyah allowed Cartier's tongue to slip into her mouth, the two fighting for dominance. Cartier won, of course.

Xyah pulled away, slightly out of breath. She looked at the man who was now positioned in between her legs, hovering over her. Her cheeks reddened at the sight while her stomach felt as if it were doing backflips.

"Maybe we take this upstairs?" The man suggested, flashing a seductive grin at the woman beneath him.

And Xyah agreed, allowing Cartier to take her hand and lead her up to her bedroom.

The next morning, the couple lay in bed, tangled in the covers and one another's embrace. Naked. Xyah laid her head on Cartier's chest, listening intently to the man's steady heartbeat while Cartier's fingers lazily ran through her curly hair. The two had been lying awake for hours in a comfortable silence even before the sun came out, both of them taking in the events that transpired the night before.

Xyah anxiously watched the clock, counting down the time until she has to break away from Cartier's embrace and go to work.

"Carti, I have to go to work soon." Xyah's voice laced with annoyance.

"I know love, I'll take you. I'm not ready to see you go just yet either." He chuckled.

After about an hour, the couple began to get dressed and made their way outside to the car. On the way to Xyah's job, the two had fluid conversations. There was never a dull moment as Cartier effortlessly made the girl laugh and smile. Xyah felt as though things couldn't be better, even though the couple hadn't made things official just yet.

Pulling into the parking lot and coming to a halt at the front of the building, Cartier turned to the girl in his passengers seat, "Aight, Xy. I'll be here when your shift is over."

Xyah nodded and opened her arms to hug Cartier when he grabbed her chin and pulled her in for a kiss.

"See you later." Xyah spoke with a sheepish grin plastered across her face, she failed miserably at hiding the blush that rose to her cheeks.

——————

𝐇𝐨𝐰 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭? 𝐕𝐨𝐭𝐞, 𝐂𝐨𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭, 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞!