Chapter 9: Whispers and Stares

The next day of school people were giving side glances to Izuku. A bunch of people in the halls were looking directly at him, whispering.

When Izuku entered the classroom it seemed like all eyes were on him. But instead of being friendly smiles they seemed like eyes printing holes in his head.

The stares he was receiving made him feel sick and his stomach turned upside down. He looked down hoping to avoid the painful stares and sat at his desk with his head down.

His anxiety didn’t seem to like all this attention, and was starting to act up. He felt like he was going to hurl.

‘Why are they all looking at me like that, maybe I forgot a due date on an assignment.’

‘Does my hair look bad? Do I smell weird… I put on deodorant this morning. Did I forget to do something important…’

Last night Izuku was texting Katsuki and he hadn’t seen his social media yet. Right when he was going to pull out his phone a random classmate walked up to him.

“Hey, is it really true that you need to use Bakugou as a shield for your problems?” The kid laughed, Izuku stared at him in pure shock.

“I..I don’t understand what you're saying. I didn- I mean I never used him once! Where did you hear that.” Izuku explained, but the classmate just shrugged his shoulders and bickered something back.

“That’s not what the video evidence says!” The boy whipped out his phone and there was the video of the party, when Katsuki punched Momyama.

Once again all eyes of the class returned to the duo and stared. Some laughed while others began chanting. Tears began to fill Izuku’s eyes from the pressure, before anything more could happen his savor entered the room.

“What the hell? Why the fuck are all of you idiots screaming.” Maybe it was his pheromones or something but everyone went dead quiet immediately. The boy that was once bothering Izuku ran away to his seat.

Katsuki walked towards the seat next to Izuku and took a seat. Izuku rubbed his eyes in hopes  to cover up his crying.

But his attempt failed once Katsuki looked him in the eyes.

“Deku why are you crying? What the hell happened when I wasn't here?” The blond questioned as he leaned into Izuku’s face. Almost automatically Katsuki wiped some of the stray tears off Izuku’s  face. Izuku sniffled before pulling away from his hand.

“Nothing happened, and I don’t want to talk about it.”  Izuku groaned and pulled out his notes. Katsuki just stared at him in silence before deciding not to pry. 

You would have thought people would have stopped staring but it seemed like Katsuki being there was fueling the fire. Katsuki pulled out his phone and started scrolling through the media. 

Izuku looked over and saw Katsuki scrolling, that's when he could see the same poll the random guy in class showed him. Izuku turned red and put his head down on his desk.

He didn’t want to think about any more drama, they had a test coming up and he had no time to waste. He already was ambitious enough when he went to a party.

For the first time in months…

Katsuki looked at the post about the party incident and saw he none sense rumors people had started. But the worst part was only Izuku’s name was being dragged down. Katsuki and Momoyama weren’t being shamed, simply Izuku who if anything was a victim.

Katsuki felt his blood boiling at the thought, putting the dots together he realized that Izuku was probably upset because of this nonsense rumor. The blond growled under his breath and turned over to look at the sad, hopeless greenette.

Just then the classroom doors flung open and Denki walked in. Since he could see Izuku very clearly in the front row he walked right up to him and took the seat on his other side.

“Hey Izu! I didn’t get to see you after the party, man.” Kaminari laughed and snuggled into his seat. Almost completely ignoring Katsuki.

Izuku peered up from his arms and saw his silly blond friend. He smiled and sat up from his desk.

“Hey Kami, sorry I was so distracted the night of the party that I just got a bit carried away.” The greenette smiled shyly. The blond stretched his arms out to give him a hug and Izuku returned that hug happily.

While Izuku and Kamanari’s faces were next to each other the greenette heard Kamanari whisper something in his ear.

“About the rumor that's going around, don’t stress yourself I’ll end it. I know people. Trust me!” He whispered before leaning back into his seat and waving hello to Katsuki.

Katsuki watched the whole interaction between the two and he hated to admit it but he was very jealous. The two became so close and very fast at the same time. 

Instead of waving back at the blond Katsuki stuck his tongue out at him and mouthed these words to him.

‘Fucking Idiot.’  He taunted at him and Kamanari taunted back saying something stupid. The interaction that they tried to do in secret made Izuku laugh quietly. 

They weren't very secret about it. Izuku decided to jump into the conversation and soon it went from an argument about relationships to an argument about the best superhero duo.

The professor finally arrived and the class went quiet, Mr. Aizawa walked up to the front of the class and sighed.

“I’m not really in the mood to see any of your faces today, so I’ll get straight to the point.” He rolled his eyes and pulled out a paper folder from his pocket. Mr. Aizawa cleared his throat and began to continue.

“We are going to start a group project, it will be about-” That was all Izuku needed to hear to get lost in thought. 

How was this going to work?

Everyone in this classroom was either making fun of Izuku or pissed off at him. Who was going to want to be in his group? He had Kaminari and Katsuki but that clearly wasn’t enough people. They probably need at least 5 people.

How the hell is this going to work…