Bidden Calamity; New Phantom Brothers

At early morning at a charity dump, Yato digs through a bag to find clothes for Yukine to wear.

Yukine: I seriously have to wear this junk?

Yato: Stop your whining.

Yato pulls out a Capyper Land jacket and shows it to his shinki.

Yato: Look at this, Yukine. Does this seems cute?

Yukine: That's so lame

Yato gets annoyed by Yukine's rejection.

Yato: Then I'll wear it!

Yukine turns his back to Yato when he shivers from a breeze of cold wind.

Yukine: Why do I still feel physical stuff like this...

He takes off Hiyori's scarf and his white robes. As he takes them off, he looks at the kanji on his left collarbone.

Yukine: ...even though I've been dead for a long time?

||||||||||

Later that morning, at (YN)'s apartment, the phantom trio and Tanomi the Pomeranian puppy were having breakfast while the phantom sisters talked about Yukine, Yato's new shinki.

Kurumi: Yaboku-san definitely chose a young spirit as his new shinki.

Itami: And a cute one.

Kurumi: I didn't know you were into young boys, Itami. Are you turning into a shotacon?

Itami: One, I am not. And two, I meant from a sister perspective. Like if we had a younger brother and he was extremely adorable, we'd get the feeling of wanting to protecting him.

As the sister continued talking about older and younger siblings, (YN) was lost in his thoughts while he ate.

(YN): An older sibling protecting their younger sibling... Right now, Yukine's sister is probably regretting she hadn't taken him with her. The abuse he suffered while still he was alive will certainly affect his relationship with Yaboku. I'll use that to my advantage to see if he'll break his promise.

Kurumi: (YN)-san.

I snap myself from my thoughts when I heard Kurumi call me.

(YN): Yeah?

Kurumi: Have you ever thought about getting phantom shinki again that were similar Asomi and Nozomi?

(YN): Kurumi, I...

I lower my utensil as I look at my plate with a sad smile.

(YN): My bond with Asomi and Nozomi was similar to the bond between brothers when they have to rely on each other, and it cannot be replaced or replicated. That's why after getting you two, I never considered getting more. No amount of phantom shinki will ever fill the void their deaths created.