Chapter Fifteen: The Match-up

15. The Match-up

12-17-2022

A/N: The story broke 1k reads and 100 votes! Thank you so much, guys! I hope you guys stay for what's to come, despite it being a bit slow. ♡

I also finished my finals for this college semester, so I'm finally on break for a few weeks.

(* ; ▽ ; *) I'm seriously dead inside.

-----

"We're back!"

All four of you were greeted by Kohaku, Suika, and Kaseki as you were carrying multiple jars of liquid.

"We finally got the hardest material, sulfuric acid!" You exclaimed, showing the lioness all the large jars you carried in your bag. Chrome and Ginro came up next to you and placed theirs inside the chemistry lab while Senku struggled to hold his one bottle.

With happiness and hope, she asked, "Does that mean we can finally make the cure-all for Ruri-nee?!"

"What are you talking about? You're jumping the gun. You saw that crazy road map to making the cure-all before we started, right?"

"Kukuku, that's not true at all. We've just collected everything we need to make the damn thing!" Senku informed all of you.

He then grabbed all the glass beakers and flasks needed to create the cure-all and took them outside. He then motioned you to grab some large bowls and more firewood. "Now that we've collected the items, all we need to do is shuffle through the dark blocks of the road map y illuminate them one by one on our way to the goal. And we'll knock them out all at once today! Kukuku... this is exhilarating!"

You took a bowl, lighting a fire underneath. Then Senku took one of the bottles of sulfuric acid and poured it into the bowl. He then sprinkled some salt over the top. He then took out a flask with two extra necks and a glass rod sticking from the middle of it.

"What's this glass rod sticking out of the middle of this cup? It looks weird!" Suika exclaimed.

Kaseki was frustrated and had tears pouring from his two eyes. "Do you have any idea how difficult the work you made me do was?! I was over here tingling with curiosity because I had no idea what you were gonna use it for!"

The scientist replied, "It's a water-dripping machine."

"The gas that's released from mixing salt and sulfuric acid will be caught by the dripping water," Chrome added, wearing a face mask as the chemicals were being made.

Once it was halfway full with a new chemical, Senku took the dripping machine and showed it to Suika. "This is hydrochloric acid! One brush of this against your eyes, and you can go blind!"

Suika shivered and avoided the chemical at all costs, as she was afraid of going near it. Kohaku looked concerned when Senku was explaining its effects.

Senku's trying to scare Suika away from the chemicals to keep her safe. How considerate of him... you thought with a smile, even though his method is a bit harsh.

He then poured some white powder into another flask and connected it to the flask with hydrochloric acid. "This is geyserite. It's found in hot springs, and with it, we can take a huge shortcut! Boiling it down and adding it to hydrochloric acid makes chlorosulfonic acid!"

He went up to Suika again, scaring her. "One drop of this, and your skin will turn green like a zombie in a flash!"

"Senku..." You sighed.