II: Desponsata

After a bit of walking, they spoke up again.
"Why don't you want to join the clergy?"
I tried not to stumble over my poor excuse. Even I wasn't sure why I didn't join. It just didn't seem like my thing, you know? "I'm just worried I wouldn't have enough to do. I'd go crazy without work."
"So what I'm hearing is: if I can get you a job, you'll join me in the clergy?"
I pushed back my worry. "Sure"
"Figured you'd say that. I've got a job interview in the clergy lined up for you tomorrow."
I stopped in my tracks. "What?"
Marin paused to stand with me as I processed the information. "What's with the sudden dedication to making sure I join the clergy?"
They bit their lip, contemplating how to proceed, deciding on keeping the air of mystery around it all. "You'll see"
They were right. I would see.
We continued walking and I was led down to the basement. They looked around before entering, pushing me in first. The hallway was all cold, gray stone. They stopped in front of me suddenly and I nearly ran into them. They knocked gently as if we hadn't nearly just toppled over like a jenga tower. The door creaked open before flying back and hitting the stone wall, as the tall woman inside jumped out, quickly embracing Marin. They giggled and tried to regain balance after almost being knocked off their feet. I assumed the lighting must've been playing tricks on me, as her skin seemed to be a light silver color. "I brought Y/N" Marin informed her, causing a swift departure from the hug as she looked around, then spotted me. My mouth gaped open. Long, blue hair draped down her shoulders, parted slighhtly on each side of the head by two long, sharp-looking horns. I simply stood in shock, confusing the two for a second before they quickly pulled me through the doorway, closing it immediately.
"I'm so sorry, I forgot you don't know about ghouls yet-"Marin began rambling. The woman, however, pulled me into a hug. Marin giggled.
She pulled back, resting her hands on my shoulders. "Sorry for the scare it is just so nice to finally meet you! Mar talks about you so much sometimes I wonder if you're their fiancée, and not me!"
I looked to Marin behind her, a smile growing on my face
"She doesn't know yet, honey."
"Well now I do! I can't believe we haven't met yet..."I trailed off, missing her name.
"You don't have to pretend to know my name for the sake of politeness, I know you've heard nothing of me."
"Technically you're still not supposed to be hearing of her now..."
"Wait is she not in the clergy yet?"
Marin shook their head
"Oh...she's joining soon, right?"
They held up their hand, fingers crossed
"I'm lost"
"Non-clergy members aren't supposed to know about the ghouls. Or interact with them." Marin explained.
"That's why-"
"I was pushing joining the clergy on you." They nodded as they spoke, effectively finishing my sentence.
"Well I still do not have a name for my kinda soon-to-be sister in law."
She giggled "Thea. My names Thea"

On my way back out after spending some time on introductions, I asked Marin "so...you said you have an interview lined up...what's it for?"
They began to think of how to word it. "So it's called the Prime Mover..."