VI: Auxilium

I woke up in the middle of the night in a cold sweat. I'm not sure what I had been dreaming about, but I think it had been some kind of nightmare. I looked around my living room, which was mostly dark, with the exception of a small candle on an end table near Papa. He noticed my eyes on him and looked up from his book. "Are you alright, Y/N?"
I nodded.
"Would you like any help?"
I shook my head before starting to stand up from my couch. Primo quickly came over to me.
"Let me assist you"
"I'm fine"
"Please, it's my duty as papa."
"I'm just going to clean up and go to bed."
"Then I will help."
"I can do it myself, papa."
"I cannot let anything happen to you"
"Fine"
He led me into my bathroom and washed the grucifix of dried blood from my forehead before bringing me pajamas and stepping out of the room so I could change. Once I was done, I opened the door again and he hurried back over to me, stopping what he was doing near the stove, then brought me to my room and made sure I was comfortable before leaving again, bringing back a cup of tea a few minutes later.
"Drink up. It's the perfect blend. Sleep, relaxation, prenatal health..."
"Thank you"
"It's my pleasure, cara."
He began to leave again.
"Primo?"
"Sí?"
"Things are gonna get weird, aren't they?"
"Likely."
"How do I get people to not treat me differently?"
"They have and they will. With your job, it is to be expected."
"I'm just a surrogate"
"The next generation is very important. Especially that piece of it." He pointed at my stomach "you would get special treatment whether it was the old one's or not."
I sighed. "But I don't want all eyes on me...what if something goes wrong?"
"Then you will have our support." Primo turned to leave for the second time
"Wait" I called quickly
"What's wrong?"
"Can you stay with me until I fall asleep?"
He smiled. "Of course I can." Primo sat down on the bed next to where I laid and I turned over to face him.
"Thank you"
"Anything for you." He whispered, gently placed his hand on my head and I fell asleep to primo playing with my hair.