Prologue: Test Run

Lightbulb had been sitting in her room. The show hasn't filmed another episode in a while, And she doubted it was going to anytime soon so she figured it would be okay to visit Hotel OJ. She actually had been staying here a couple nights anyway. Though it was a bit tense from everything that went on a while ago. It was still fine for the most part.

Lightbulb had been hanging out with Paintbrush, but they needed to run some errands, so she was left alone. However, Lightbulb was getting antsy and bored. There was nothing to really do all alone, except play with her pet crab. Which was what she was doing. But then there was a knock on her door.

Lightbulb perked up at the sound, and got up to open the door. "Oh! Hello T-!"

"No time for salutations! Just- Could you please meet me outside? In a few minutes? Heh..." The other girl quickly asked. Seeming like she didn't want her name to be said. Hm, that was weird...

"Oh. Erm, Sure?" Lightbulb happily replied, but seemed a bit confused. But happy none the less.

"Thank you! Hahah..." The other girl quickly left. In quite a hurry too.

"Hmm. She seems off today. Eh, probably just my imagination! I do have a pretty wild one, (according to painty.) Haha!" Lightbulb shrugged it off. She turned to Baxter, and smiled. "Now don't go anywhere! Alright?" She giggled before skipping out the door. Shutting it behind her.

Lightbulb joyfully went through the hallway, then ran down the stairs. Not bothering to slow down. She just ran. She was about to leave through the main lobby when...

"Lightbulb? Where are you going in such a hurry?" OJ asked curiously. Looking over his shoulder, before turning around to face her directly.

"Oh! Just gonna go talk to my friend outside!" Lightbulb replied. Spinning around playfully to face OJ as well.

"Which one? You have like... Twenty." OJ questioned. Lightbulb did have many friends, and it wasn't abnormal for her to be this cheery. However, she normally doesn't rush to places in this manner. It just intrigued OJ more then anything.

"She said there was no time! I must be true to her word! And go!" Lightbulb ran out the door. Happily rushing through it.

"Wh- Huh-???" OJ was interrupted by the door shutting. He sighed and turned away. She was acting a bit strange. But this is Lightbulb we're talking about. Since when has she ever NOT been strange?

Lightbulb quickly ran towards the back of the building, then looked for who she was supposed to meet. She had to walk pretty far, trying to find her. Lightbulb accidentally walked so far while lost in her thoughts of what she could need.

She jumped as she heard someone called out from behind her. "H-hey Lightbulb!" The other taller girl called out.

"Oh...! Hello-!" Lightbulb was about to say something, when the other girl quickly replied. Hastily digging through her bag.

"I uh... Want you to help! With a new- erm... Experiment!" She said this pretty cheerfully. A smile on her face. Though... it was a bit unsettling. Lightbulb simply wrote it off as she was excited. After all Test tube Was usually really enthusiastic about her science projects

"Oh! Alright! Sounds fun!" Lightbulb happily replied, giving a goofy thumbs up. She was excited herself, watching as Test Tube hastily dug through her bag, seemingly getting frustrated that she couldn't find what she was looking for. Lightbulb didn't mind waiting though. Last time she helped Test Tube with something, it was quite fun. She she didn't really care. Though she was curious about one thing. "How come you didn't ask Fan or somethin? Aren't you guys buddies?" She asked, her waving her hands playfully as she said 'buddies'

Test Tube seemingly flinched at the question. And looked up at her, sort of freezing in a way. "Well... He's not really... Erm... 'Viable' for this experiment-! Yeah... Viable..." Test Tube weakly smiled at Lightbulb before finally grabbing something from her bag.

Lightbulb seemed confused for a second. But quickly brushed it off "Oh! Alright. Say, whatcha got there?" She asked, pointing at what Test Tube had been holding. It seemed to be a plastic water bottle, stripped of its label, but filled with some sort of chemical. Whatever it was, it DEFINITELY wasn't water.

"It's the experiment. I need someone to test it!" Test Tube hastily, but happily explained. Looking a bit nervous now. She was acting stranger. But it seems Test Tube noticed that herself, and corrected that. Hm... Strange. Lightbulb didn't really care though. She once again wrote it off as Test Tube being excited.

"Oh! So what, I just drink this funny lookin stuff?" She asked, snatching it out of Test Tubes hands. Test Tube flinched in response, but nodded. Seemingly forcing a smile. And fiddling with her bag a bit out of anxiety, and other nervous thoughts she was having herself. But Lightbulb didn't notice that. "Hmmm... does it taste good?" She asked, shaking it a bit. Not wanting to drink it if it was going to taste fowl.

"Well... It may be a little bitter. But it shouldn't be that bad!" Test Tube replied instantly. Tapping her foot out of impatience, waiting for Lightbulb to drink it. She laughed nervously, and gestured for Lightbulb to drink it.

Lightbulb opened the cap, before looking at Test Tube. "You're acting a bit weird!" She blurted. Pointing at her, the bottle cap still in her hand. "You got a secret? Something wroooong...?" Lightbulb hastily added.

Test Tube stared at her for a moment before shaking her head. "Oh-! Oh Nono! I'm just nervous this won't work. Heheh..." Test Tube mentally crossed her fingers. Not wanting Lightbulb to ask what this chemical is supposed to do. If that happened, Test Tube would be forced to come up with a believable lie on the spot. And if Lightbulb didn't believe her, or if it didn't fully effect Lightbulb, things could be... Problematic.

Lightbulb looked at her in the eyes for a moment. This briefly made Test Tube uncomfortable. But it didn't last long because shortly after Lightbulb drank the whole thing. Rather quickly. She sighed after drinking it, then tossed the bottle back to Test Tube. "There! Done! Is that all?" She asked, raising an eyebrow and slightly tilting her head.

Test Tube seemed like she was thinking for a moment, before her smile faded. Her face was deadpan for a moment, before weakly smiling again. "Nope! Thats all for now! Just give it a moment! Then we can leave!" Test Tube's smile widened slightly.

"Oh...! Alright...! Wait- "we"...?"
asked, yawning. She was oddly more tired now. That was strange, she didn't feel tired a minute ago...? Could it be something that was in the chemical? Hm... No. couldn't be! She was probably just fatigued from running here! ...Right?

"Well yeah...! Why do you think I made you drink that?" Test Tube asked, pointing at the bottle, her smile once again fading. Lightbulb frowned in response. She was beginning to worry now. As she felt her eyes get more, and more heavy.

"Uh... heheh. Test Tube...? You're scaring me now- hahah... What's going on...?" She stammered, looking worriedly at Test Tube. Her feeling even more tired, her legs threatening to give in.

"Don't worry Lightbulb. This is normal, the chemical causes fatigue and sleepiness, making the person who drink it go unconscious." She explained. Looking as Lightbulb collapse.

"Wh....? How... do you..... know..? It's a test-...?" She asked, barely still awake. Extremely scared, but unable to speak up or get away. She was REALLY confused to why her friend was doing this. What was going on...?!

"The answer is quite simple." Test Tube explained, her voice cheery and informative. But her face deadpan, with no emotion. Not even in her eyes. "That wasn't the experiment." Test Tube explained, before kneeling down to
Look Lightbulb in the eyes.

"You are."

Then. Before Lightbulb could say anything else.

It went dark.

---