Chapter 2: Not the Brightest Idea.

TRIGGER WARNING!
This chapter will have a scene that is violent and possibly gory! Please read at your own risk.

———

Mic had just woke up. It was morning and the sun began to peak through the blinds on the window of her room. The sun felt oddly cold today. As if something was wrong. But it didn't really matter. Something was wrong regardless. Mic got up and stretched her arms out, before walking over to the door tiredly. She needed to be down in time for breakfast.

She strolled down the stairs and hummed a small song as she walked. But quieted down if people were to walk by her, as to avoid a confrontation about it. She stepped down on the floor and walked down the hallway as to get to the kitchen. She was a bit late so there weren't many people. Except for soap who sat at the bar, near the island. Mic grabbed a plate of food, then sat next to soap, she pulled up a stool to do so.

Soap flinched, not expecting to see anyone sit next to her. She was lost in thought, but quickly snapped out of it as Mic began to speak.

"Hey Soap." Mic Mumbled, sounding really tired. It was strange, especially because she went to bed earlier then anyone else last night.

"Hey Mic! Say, did you hear? Lightbulb has gone missing!" Soap exclaimed, leaning against her fist.

"R—really...? How long? I just saw her yesterday." Mic explained, pointing towards the front door, or at least in its general direction.

"Yeah. Paintbrush is really worried. They've been searching with OJ, and Paper all morning! They're scared that she got lost somewhere in the forest." Soap, looked out the window, poking at her plate of food, probably stressed about the situation. Or maybe she wasn't hungry anymore.

"The forest...?" Mic mumbled nervously. That's where Taco was. They'd kill her if they saw her! She had to do something!
...
Actually... No. she shouldn't be caring about this. She was supposed to be angry. She WANTED to be angry. She didn't care, she wouldn't care. Mic pushed the thought deep down. Besides, even if she did try to help. It would probably cause more harm then good.

"Yeah...? Lightbulb could get lost in there— no, practically anyone could." Soap half joked, but seemed mostly serious.

"Right..." Mic trailed off, looking away from soap, out the window. She seemed anxious but tried to hide it. It was difficult for her, but she managed.

"Well... I'll be off! I gotta get back to my room. I have something I need to get done." Soap stated, as she got up from the chair.

"Well... I'll see you later then." Mic weakly smiled at her. Giving a small wave as soap walked past Mic and out of the room.

Mic had barely eaten any of her food during that conversation. She had lost her appetite anyway. Poking at the plate with her fork. Not wanting it anymore in the slightest. She pushed away from the bar, and hopped off the stool, she decided to once again go for a walk outside. What else was she supposed to do?

———

Lightbulb had stopped crying at this point, but had her face buried in her knees. She was still scared, but Trying to think on the 'bright' side. It wasn't working though. She could always feel her anxiety creep up and start to kick in again. She wasn't usually like this... So this kind of feeling just stressed her out more.

Lightbulb flinched as the door opened, light finally poured into the room from outside. Though it was just the lab's hallway... it was better then nothing. She jumped up and ran towards the door to be met with Test Tube staring right back at her.

"H—hey! Test Tube— uhm... Can I come out now?" She asked, seemingly trying to look past Test Tube.

"Yes, and no. You may follow me out of this room, however... You may not leave the lab." Test Tube stated, taking out a clipboard, before tapping it with her pen. "Hhmmm... I think a Viable name for you would be... L-1. Yes. That works." She then said, she supposedly was speaking her thoughts out loud.