Hair Appointment: Ran

Walking into his usual salon in Harajuku was a normal afternoon for Ran. He was here so often he knew the place like the back of his hand. Walking in he is greeted by the receptionist and escorted back to his usual stylist chair. 

Every worker knows Ran and so do most of the customers. Even the little old ladies who come get roller sets weekly know who Ran is. Though most of them just call him the handsome charming boy that they wish their granddaughters would date. Ran finds it amusing to hear the older women argue about who's granddaughter he is going to marry and which one would be a better wife for him. Of course all this does is boost Rans ego so he plays into their fighting. Telling them that they should bring their granddaughters the next week so he can meet them. 

Ran has no intention of seeing any of their granddaughters. He just loves to rile them up and hear the arguing. It's all just hair salon gossip anyway. It's not like any of them will actually bring their granddaughters here. Well that's what Ran thought anyway until one of the ladies informs Ran her granddaughter is actually here today. 

"Ran, sweetheart" the older women in the walker says as she is walking from her stylist chair to the dryer section of the salon. "My sweet little (y/n) is here today. I'd love for you to meet her." 

Oh great Ran thinks. I come here to relax and hear gossip about who's husband is cheating on who and who's teenage daughter got pregnant not entertain someone's granddaughter. Ran is started to regret playing into their arguments. Maybe he shouldn't have told these ladies he would love to meet them. As Ran is trying to find a way out of meeting this granddaughter the older women in the walker speaks up again. 

"It's her first day working here. Just got her cosmetology license and everything. I've never been so proud." She says while sitting under the dryer with her rollers in her hair. 

"She works her?" Ran asks thinking that he is going to have to find a new salon if this lady starts pushing for him to date this (y/n) she mentioned. As Ran is lost in his thoughts he doesn't see a girl with (h/c) hair walk out of the back room to the dryer section. 

"Stop bothering the customers gram." The girl says smiling at the older women. "I'm so sorry about her. She's a chatter box and has no filter." 

Ran stairs Awe struck at the girl. Is this the granddaughter the women was talking about? "Should you be talking to customers that way?" Ran asks 

"It's fine! She's my grandma." The girl says smiling "I'm (y/n) by the way." 

"Haitani, Ran Haitani" so this is the the granddaughter Ran thinks to himself "nice to meet you" 

"See, didn't I tell you how handsome he is (y/n)" the older women says "Ran sweety, she's single"

The younger girl shakes her head "nice to meet you too Mr.Haitani." she says walking away to greet her customer who just walked in the door. 

Ran watched the younger girl work during his appointment taking in everything about her. From the way she holder's her shears, to the way she applies colors. After 2 hours Rans hair is done and he finds himself a little disappointed that he is leaving. He gets up from the chair walking past all the other stylist working and up to the receptionist to pay. She tells him the total and he hands her his card. 

"Are we scheduling you for another 6 weeks Mr. Haitani?" The receptionist asks 

"Um, actually can set something up for next week?" He asks