Purple Haze: Wakasa

Wakasa wasn't one to care about appearances. The way he saw it he looked how he looked and that was that. Well, that was until Benkei had to bring up that he has had the same hairstyle since high school. Blonde and shaggy that's how his hair has always been and he didn't care but now that Benkei was nagging him about it he decided maybe he did need a change so he started growing it out.

Wakasa was content until Benkei had to open his mouth again and tell him his hair is "boring".

"You told me to get a new hairstyle and I did."

"All you did was stop getting my cut."

"Yeah, and now it's different than in high school."

"It's boring man. Did you even try to find a new style?"

"Technically it is styled."

"Putting it in a ponytail or bun isn't a style man. Look just go to my barber at least once. I guarantee you'll like it and since I'm such a good friend I'll even help pick your new style!"

"If I say yes will you shut up?"

"Yes"

"Hmm, fine."

Benkei took care of everything. Made the appointment, picked out the cut, he even went as far as to pay in advance so Wakasa wouldn't have to worry about anything. The day of the long-awaited appointment came. Benkei and Wakasa met at the shop as they agreed. Wakasa was actually early. He made it before Benkei so he waited in the parking lot on his bike. A few minutes later Benkei shows up.

"Umm hey man so I need to tell you something," Benkei says

"Hmm?"

"So my normal guy had a family emergency and had to leave early so one of his employees is taking over all his appointments for today. But I promise you man they are just as good. I've seen their work several times while getting mine done and they are basically on the same level as my guy. I'd even let them do mine if my normal guy wouldn't be able to. But if you aren't comfortable with it they did tell me they could reschedule you for next week when he is back."

"I don't care, I'm already here let's just get this over with."

"That's the spirit man!" Benkei says slapping him on the back.

If we are being honest here Wakasa didn't have high hopes. He wasn't expecting much. What was there to expect? It was probably some old dude who has been doing this his whole life and his employees were probably the same. Just a bunch of old men cutting hair. That's a Barbershop is right?

Oh, how wrong Wakasa was. He wasn't expecting much but he definitely wasn't expecting this. They walked in and there stood a young girl with (h/c) hair. Is she the one doing my hair? He thought looking around the shop. She's the only one here. Where are the old men? Now Wakasa wasn't sexist by any means, but when he thought barber he thought of old men cutting other men's hair not a cute young girl. Was it even safe for you to be here alone? Wakasa was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard someone talk.

"Benkei! I haven't seen you in a few months!" The young girl said

"Hey, (y/n)! Yeah, I think I've been coming in on your day off. It's good to see you."

Wait Benkei knows her? Wakasa thought. So she must be the one doing my hair then if he knows her.

"It's good to see you too!" She says with a smile "so is this your friend you were telling me about earlier?"

"Yep, this is Imaushi Wakasa. Wakasa this is (l/n) (y/n)."

"Nice to meet you Imaushi, Benkei has told me quite a bit about you."