The one where Kaveh says some weird, out of context things in public

Kaveh wasn't close with y/n or anything, but he was used to seeing her around on some occasions.

She was always busy, always going somewhere to do something, but she was recognizable due to her unique serpent-like eyes.

She was pretty intimidating at first, her height contributed to it greatly, but y/n was actually a pretty friendly person. Many people, once they realized she wasn't going to curbstomp them, were very sweet towards her and many folks would greet her whenever they saw her on the street.

Her and Kaveh chatted occasionally, and not once did he ever get a sort of "troublemaker" vibe from her.

Y/n was a really nice person, honestly!

So the young man was shocked when he witnessed her get 🚚ing bludgeoned to death by some random 🍑 treasure hoarders.

Wtf did she do to piss them off, huh?
She was always so sweet, and kind!
A little small, but still sweet!

So why tf did they go and murk her like that, damn!

Kaveh just been passing by when it happened, but he was still a witness. So... being knocked tf out and dragged away wasn't anything surprising. He didn't like it, but it wasn't unexpected.

But couldn't they have been considerate enough to not set him next to the dead body, though? Waking up, looking to the right, and seeing a very dead person isn't very pleasant.

"Open the bag already! We killed her, so may as well see the goods she had!" one of the treasure hoarders snapped as Kaveh kinda just sat there, pretending to be unconscious.

"But the boss said not to look." one of the treasure hoarders began hesitantly, "We're already getting paid enough for delivering the goods, so let's not put our lives at stake because of greed."

"But aren't you curious? If that man is desperate enough to get his hands on something that he'd hire a bunch of treasure hoarders, it must be valuable! Just one little look!"

"I said no. We've already screwed up enough, killing the poor girl out of the blue like that. We're done talking."

Kaveh snuck a quick peek at his surroundings as the treasure hoarders kept discussing the situation, and found that they were in a little treasure hoarder camp out in the wilderness.

He managed to catch a glimpse of Sumeru City in the distance. Thankfully, he wasn't too far away.

Within a few moments, Kaveh did a quick scan of his environment before shutting his eyes just as one of the treasure hoarders began to turn towards him.

Kaveh, and the very dead y/n beside him were leaning against the base of a tree. The setting sun was peeking through the leaves of the trees above, so it was probably nearing dusk.

There was a campfire in the middle of a camp, along with a couple tents scattered around. There were some book and bags located under one of the tents, and there were three treasure hoarders that Kaveh spotted.

Hm... well, he wasn't severely outnumbered.

If he waited till they settled down to eat or something, he could take out one of them no problem and use the corpse as a human shield while taking out the other two—

Ah, no no no, he didn't need another attempted murder charge on his record. While the first one was completely out of his control, and definitely not his fault, another would definitely land his 🍑 in jail.

He'd have to find another way.

Just running away would get him killed.
Staying would also probably get him killed.
Maybe he could make it look like an accident—