The one where the voices get a little louder

Y/n had lots of voices in her head.

None of which belonged to her.
Her voice of reason died a long time ago.

She figured it was a side effect from eating up all those damn gods during the Archon War, and subjecting herself to being the "Worldly-Information-Disposal" just so she could get an easy meal whenever she didn't feel like reshaping the landscape to eat up another God.

There was one particular group of voices that would get louder much more often than the others. These weren't the same as the god consumption induced ones, they were simply a little something called intrusive thoughts.

These thoughts had one common theme.

They pissed you off, eat them.

Back in y/n's tyrannical-giant-snake-god days, she would gobble up anything that pissed her off. This was mostly gods, but mortals were no exception.

Mortals in addition to their houses, their crops, and occasionally, the very stars in the sky they admired so much. This was out of spite, of course, y/n never liked the taste of balls of gas.

Ah, but the despair of the lowly humans made it worth the disgusting after taste and the killer indigestion.

When y/n found out that this little Trainee Forest Ranger who smelled of Eleazar was the reason for her dragging a cart of fried radish balls, she had the sudden urge to just bite.

'No, enough, you can't do that.' she reminded herself, internally smacking herself on the nose, 'If you're gonna bite something, bite something that deserves to be bitten. This poor girl didn't do this on purpose, besides, she's suffering!'

Maybe if y/n just bit off her arms—

Yeah, no, it would fail to get rid of the Eleazar and would crush the young girl's dreams of a normal life in the process.

Y/n wasn't cruel enough to do that. She'd long moved past those days of crushing mortals' hopes and dreams for the fun of it.

...

Partially.

"I'm sorry you had to go through the trouble of delivering all of this!" the girl, Collei, apologized profusely as y/n waved away her thoughts, "It must've been really rough, I'm very very sorry!"

Y/n averted her gaze, suddenly feeling very guilty about considering biting off this innocent little human's arms.

"It wasn't." y/n replied curtly before snapping rather impatiently, "It was paid for already, so just... take the cart and enjoy. I'm outta here."

Y/n hurried away before her guilt could get the better of her, and headed towards the nearest Shaggy Sumpter Beast so she could terrorize them instead of the cute little human.

Bah, she needed to quit dawdling and actually do something! Maybe if she retrieved some relics from her temple and sold them... NO! NO! THOSE WERE ALL PRECIOUS ITEMS THAT WERE GIFTED TO HER!

'But isn't this more important than some shiny stuff?' y/n wondered, 'I hardly use most of it... I could sacrifice a couple of items...'

Ugh. Choices choices.

As y/n was mulling over her crisis, blond hair caught her eye and she glanced to the side with a curious look.

She turned and looked over to find a blond young man in clothing she didn't typically see, accompanied by a tiny fairy thing.

A traveler, it seemed.

Y/n had seen many of those.

But this traveler... this one smelled of stars.