Third time's the charm

Turns out, the traveler and his pixie buddy were running an errand for someone.

Someone from the Akademiya, Aether clarified.

Y/n couldn't tell if it was the sheer bloodlust radiating off of her, or the way she clicked her tongue which alerted him of the fact that she'd probably kill the dude.

Whichever it was *probably the former* Aether was sure to add that he couldn't let y/n murder this guy. She reluctantly agreed under the condition that she'd kill him the moment he screwed up.

Y/n wasn't really paying attention as herself, Aether and Paimon approached Wikala Funduq, but was immediately alert when she spotted a familiar head of short gray hair.

No.

"Oh? This is a surprise. I don't remember ordering food today?" y/n knew that goddamn voice.

She looked up alarm and—

"OH HELL NO! NOT YOU!" she snapped, pointing and accusing finger at the young man a distance away before glaring at Aether, "You should've told me who this 🚚er was so I could've stayed back, dumb🍑!!!"

"Wh-What?" Paimon looked between the Scribe and the furious god before realizing, "Wait a sec, you two know one another?"

"Of course I know this bastard! Ever since Enteka agreed to start a 🚚ing delivery service, this 🚚face has been ordering things that he knows we don't have the ingredients for, resulting in me having to run my 🍑 around searching for them, make the stuff myself, run ALLLL the way over to him to deliver it. AT THE MOST UNGODLY HOURS OF THE NIGHT, RIGHT WHEN I'M SUPPOSED TO BE CLOCKING OUT'" y/n shouted.

"Huh. You know do seem like the type to do something like that, Alhaitham." Aether murmured with a thoughtful look.

"If I'm hungry, I'm hungry." Alhaitham replied with a simple shrug and Aether could've sworn y/n's neck snapped when she turned her head to look at him.

"AT 11 IN THE 🚚ING EVENING?! WHO THE HELL EATS CANDIED AJILENAKH NUTS AT 11 IN THE GODDAMN NIGHT?!" y/n practically shrieked, "THAT'S WHEN I SWAP SHIFTS, BASTARD, AND YOU KNOW IT! WHY CAN'T YOU AT LEAST COME AND GET IT YOURSELF?!"

"Too much work."

"🍑hole, have someone else take your order!"

Y/n was breathing heavily now, clearly itching to murder the 💩 out of the Scribe. Aether admired her restraint, considering the fact that she looked like she was about to pop a blood vessel and bit her lip so damn hard it started bleeding.

Alhaitham gave the god one last look. Then looked back to Aether with a, "Were you two successful?"

"Err... yeah." Paimon replied hesitantly, giving the fuming y/n a wary stare, "But is this place really a good meet up spot? There's a lot of people from the Akademiya here, and y/n's rant was sure to draw a lot of attention."

"Since Wikala Funduq is under the Akademiya's control, it's only natural that they have a lot of people working here. I came to Port Ormos under the pretense of conducting official business." Alhaitham explained.

"You're a pretty daring guy..." Paimon mumbled.

"And a 🚚ing nuisance too." y/n snarled, fingers twitching and earning a wary look from Aether.

'Is it just me or did it just get a little hotter?' Aether wondered before looking at the ground near y/n's feet.

He paled at the sight of little bugs and such falling to the ground dead, steaming as though they'd just touched the 🚚ing sun.

'...maybe I'm not imagining it.'

Aether could tell Paimon was bothered by the heat too, but Alhaitham seemed completely unbothered.