Class

Rumeenah was not paying attention while Fairy god mother was teaching 'Goodness 101'. She had never been so bored while learning before. She was writing in a notebook, everyone assumed she was taking notes but in reality she was studying different spells. Mal and Evie sat at a table together, Jay and Carlos sat at a table together. Rumeenah sat alone behind Mal and Evie. She hadn't looked up once since Fairy god mother began talking. Even if she cared enough to listen, the  illusion the dagger gave her kept on talking. 

"Does she really think you don't know how to be good? Your heart may be corrupt but your not an idiot." 

Rumeenah decided to name the illusion a specter, because it haunted her and didn't shut up. 

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you A. curse it? B. Lock it in a tower? C. give it a bottle? Or D. carve out its heart? Evie?" 

"What was the second one again?" Evie asked. 

Rumeenah lifted her head up for the first time. She couldn't really be that stupid, could she? 

"Oh, okay. Anyone else? Rumeenah?" 

"You should have kept your head down." The specter said. Rumeenah looked over at him, he was sitting on Fairy god mother's desk. 

"Rumeenah?" She said again, calling her name. 

"Technically there could be multiple answers. My course of action would be pulling out its heart and see if it was pure or not. If it is pure, give it a bottle. If it isn't pure, curse it or kill it before it becomes a plague on the world." 

"No!" Fairy God Mother held her chest. "You just give it a bottle! We do not kill innocent children!"

"I beg to differ. If a child was destined to end the world people like you would exile it, just prolonging the inevitable. If you kill it you prevent devastation, therefore saving hundreds in the long run. Sacrificing a single child and saving hundreds is the proper play here."

Mal raised her hand. "Give it a bottle." 

"Correct. Again." Fairy God Mother smiled at Mal. "Rumeenah, come see me after class." 

Mal turned around and gave Rumeenah a smirk. Rumeenah just cocked her head to the side. "I'm surprised you know how to comfort children. Your mother obviously didn't comfort you." 

Mal's grin quickly turned into a glare and Rumeeenah smiled before going back to her notebook. 

"You could just curse her."

Rumeenah almost responded but bit her tongue. He isn't real. She reminded herself. 

Rumeenah didn't pull her head back up until she heard footsteps behind her. A small girl dressed in pastel blue nervously walk by. 

"-everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?"

"Mom no!" The girl nervously stood in front of the class. 

Rumeenah examined the girl. She obviously had no confidence. No self respect. A total pushover. Easily manipulable. Rumeenah leaned into her hand. 

"It's okay! Jane, this is everyone." 

The girl stood awkwardly. "Hi. That's okay. Don't mind me. As you were." She did a little run past them and squeaked. Both Rumeenah and Mal turned their head as she passed. 

"Let's continue." Rumeenah heard Fairy God mother say but Rumeenah kept staring as Jane got farther and farther away. 

Rumeenah turned back and Jay and Carlos were fighting.