Emotions

(Hold up! I want to test something!

Comment on this part for team Uma

Comment on this part for team Harry)

Resette stared at her house from the sidewalk. She told herself to move, to stop being dramatic and get in the house already but she was frozen. She was practically screaming to herself in her head but she could barely even blink. Tears began to stream down her face and sting her skin in the cold weather. The snow began to hold in her hair and melt on her skin. 

She could still hear the ticking. That goddamn ticking. 

She was cold, she was wet, and she wanted to go home but that house didn't feel like her home anymore. She wasn't sure when it had. 

God, she thought to herself. What would her enemies think if they saw her like this? Frozen to the sidewalk, unable to move due to her own weakness. She was past the point of wanting to break things, she was past the point of needing to cry and scream. But she didn't know where she was now that she was past all that. 

"Goldbug?" Zara's voice said across the street, the real concern in Zara's voice sounded like pity to Resette and the tears began to stream faster. Yet, Resette still couldn't move. 

"Shit," Baz's voice mumbled. 

Resette could hear two pairs of footsteps approaching and quickly wiped her face off. No weakness. No tears. 

"What?" Resette tried to make her voice sound as strong as possible, but no one could ignore its obvious crack. 

"Resette, are you okay?" Zara asked, touching Resette's shoulder. "You look-"

"None of your goddamn business." Resette hissed, smacking Zara's hand away. 

Resette told her feet to move, to walk into her house but she couldn't even lift a knee. 

"Resette-" Baz started but Resette cut him off, 

"What? You couldn't find anything better to do than mock me more? I don't care what you all think about me, but don't pretend for one second that you care!" 

"Just calm down-" 

"I am calm!" Resette cut Zara off. "Just go away! We aren't friends or buddies! We are working together for a deal, alright?! Cut the sappy shit! You don't need to pretend to care! You aren't-"

Zara slapped Resette in the face and Resette stumbled back. She held her cheek as it stung even more now. Her eyes were wide in disbelief. All the thoughts in her head vanished in a single slap, she wasn't even sure that this had really happened. 

"Are you done?" Zara asked.

Resette should have shot Zara then and there, she should have knocked her to the ground, she should have done a lot of things. 

But Resette just rubbed her cheek. "...Yeah... I'm done."

Zara stepped up to Resette and hugged her tightly and Resette froze, not knowing what to do, not knowing if this was happening or not. 

Zara didn't know why she gave a damn, Resette didn't know either. It should have been a means to an end only. Using each other to get what they needed. Emotions should have nothing to do with it. Yet, she cared. For some reason, they both cared for each other. Despite it being impractical and stupid, they both couldn't stop each other from caring. And it terrified the both of them. 

After a minute Zara pulled away. Resette cleared her throat and straightened her coat, not knowing what to do. Zara crossed her arms. 

"It's freezing out..." Resette mumbled. "...You can come inside." She walked to the door, her head quiet for once. 

Both Baz and Zara came in without a word.