Justified

For once Rumeenah had to tell herself to calm down. The normally emotionless girl had a smile that would have scared anyone away. Except for Harry and Uma for some reason unknown to her. They seemed to enjoy her smile and they smiled in response. 

So there she sat, on a barstool in the unlit part of the restaurant, waiting for the pirates to bring back Ben. A plan she and Uma made together. Her leg bounced up and down slowly- she tried to hypnotise herself with the movement like she was spinning the wheel. 

It did not work. Every few minutes she would check her pocket watch for the time. 

"Calm down. They'll get him." Uma said and Rumeenah pulled her attention to her. 

"I've been planning this for months. One wrong thing they do will cost me dearly, so forgive me if I'm planning each of their slow murders if they fail."

"You wouldn't hurt Harry." Uma scoffed. 

Rumeenah couldn't stop herself from laughing aloud. "What makes you think something as absurd as that?" 

"Because you like him too much for that." Uma picked at her nails. 

"Dearie, the only thing I like about him is that he brings me my money and is too scared to skim the top." 

"That's not what I see." Uma smirked. 

"You are not suggesting what I think you are suggesting." Rumeenah said in disbeleif. 

"Mhmm. If the boot fits."

"Uma, I have had more chemistry between ancient tomes than between me and Harry- Hell, I prefer you to Harry. He is just a part of my game, nothing more nothing less." 

Uma cocked an eyebrow. "What did you just say?" 

"He is a part of my game-"

"No no- before that." 

"The bit about ancient tomes? It was a hyperbole I'm not actually romantically involved with tomes." 

"No, the part about me." Uma crossed her arms. "Care to explain?"

Rumeenah realized her mistake and rolled her eyes. "I prefer you to Harry?" She asked. "Its not saying much but if it is the only one you have received today you are welcome to boost your ego with it." Nice recovery, dumbass

Uma scoffed. "You're really a piece of work."

"When you are free in Auradon you are more than welcome to tell me how awful my socializing skills are. For now, I get the job done." Rumeenah closed her eyes and tried to listen for anyone approaching but Uma continued the conversation. 

"You're going to stay around that long?" Uma asked. "I thought you'd be off doing dark one things with your dad." 

"If all goes well we will be, but I've learned to make back up plans. A lot of them." 

Uma stayed quiet for a moment. "They won't fail us." 

They better not. 

Rumeenah didn't open her eyes until she heard Harry whistling outside. Her eyes shot open and locked on the door. Harry came in with a smile on his face and outstretched arms. 

"Where is he?" Uma and Rumeenah asked at the same time. They both looked at eachother before glaring at Harry as he laughed. 

Harry raised his hand and two boys brought in Ben with a bag over his head. 

"Ohh, he wasn't very hard to nick." Harry said. 

"Did you tell them to come here?" Uma asked. 

"Yea, Mal and Mal alone."