Golden Thread

As Mal and Evie got ready for the coronation Rumeenah spun gold. 

"Oh no." Evie said, looking through her sewing supplies. "Oh no no no no..." She frantically looked around. "I'm out of yellow thread!"

"It's alright, E." Mal said. "Just use whatever."

"I can't just-"

"Sorry to interrupt." Rumeenah said. "Well, not really." She picked up her golden thread. "Would this work?" 

Evie looked at the golden thread with awe. "Yes! It's perfect! Thank you!" Evie smiled and hugged Rumeenah who just froze, completely unsure of what to do for once. 

"What's the catch?" Mal asked. 

"No catch. No favours or fine print. I took her heart without her consent." Rumeenah handed the thread to Evie. "Call it manners." 

Evie smiled at Rumeenah. "Thank you. Do you need a dress or something? I can make you one."

"Kind but no. I don't wear dresses." Rumeenah snapped her fingers and a cloud of magic washed over her. When it faded she was in a new outfit. A velvet red silk shirt that seemed slightly poofy. A black leather overcoat, crimson red details sewed into the fabric and the leather looking like scales. She wore smooth black leather pants and boats with a slight heel. Strapped onto her hip and invisible was her dagger. Under her shirt was the vial of her blood like a necklace. Her brown hair was perfectly slicked back except the one strand that rebel like always. 

"You really would look better in a dress." Mal said and Rumeenah glared. 

"Do you solemnly swear to govern the peoples of Auradon with justice and mercy as long as you shall reign?" Fairy God Mother asked while holding her wand.

"I do solemnly swear."  

"Then it is my honor and my joy to bless our new king-" The wand was snatched from Fairy God Mother's hand as she spoke. Rumeenah smiled when she saw Jane was the one who stole it.

"Child, what are you doing?!" Fairy God Mother panicked at her daughter's actions.  

"I won't let you control me any longer!" Jane cried. "Bippity boppity boo!" 

"Take cover!" Beast yelled.

Mal then struggled to take the wand from Jane. 

"Careful, Mal!" Belle warned.

Mal pulled the wand away from Jane, then held it. 

Jay, Carlos, and Evie all stood up and began rushing down from the Balcony. Rumeenah just sat in her seat, unable to hide her smile. 

"Mal, give me the wand!" Ben reached out. 

"Stand back!" Mal warned. 

Blah blah blah- get it over with already! A voice in her head said. 

Patience... Another one hummed

Shut up! 

Quiet all of you. Wait until Mal does her goodness realization, then we act. Rumeenah told herself and the voices and watched the show, containing herself. 

She held still for the most part. She watched the whole time, even as maleficent came in. Even when everyone around her froze. Even when she turned into a dragon. Even when Mal had a symbolic staring contest. Even when Maleficent turned into a lizard. She waited until everyone was unfrozen, then she acted.